Is it legal? Sending mag "rebuild" kits to California

I believe it becomes illegal only if they are reassembeled into magazines within the state. Since it is a state law, there is no constructive intent.

Possession, importation and assembly are illegal thanks to the dipshits writing laws over there. Amazingly there is still crime in Cali after all these laws in the name of public safety.

Yes, legal for you to ship as parts. What happens to them in their home state is someone else's liability. In California they can't be reassembled as is but can be blocked and made into 10-rounders, or left as parts until the owner moves to a freer state.

There are a few vendors who do this and stake their livelihood on it.

And with no date codes on most mags it becomes almost impossible for California to prosecute ppl with greater than 10 round mags, now making your rifle into an acceptable non California defined assault rifle to be able to use the mags is a different story.

Can I ship them in one package disassembled or should I split it up into 2 packages?

Just separate the parts so they can't 'accidentally' reassemble themselves.

Edit: I pack them in separate sleeves in the same box.

Thanks for the response and info! I plan on buying some of those 308 mags sometime, I have one and it is nice!

Last question, any suggestions on how to ship the springs, I am guessing these are going to be crazy long, coming out of a 45rd mag.

Depending on the number (4 or more) A large flat rate box (the long one) would probably work decently. Springs are annoying to ship.

Just be sure to wrap the mags in several layers of padding as the springs can and will beat anything else in the box.

I believe it becomes illegal only if they are reassembeled into magazines within the state. Since it is a state law, there is no constructive intent.

Possession, importation and assembly are illegal thanks to the dipshits writing laws over there. Amazingly there is still crime in Cali after all these laws in the name of public safety.

You are wrong! Possesion is Legal, sales of assembled mags are illegal, purchasing is not illegal! Glad you can add to the BS that we in CA have to deal with!

I have many 10+ round magazines LEAGALY in this state, get up to date with laws! Rebuild kits are legal to sell in CA, many vendors do!

Edited by Bigtwin