Had To Do A Little Show And Tell

DIY or a vender here? I know Pauly swirls the bottom of the carriers. Either way, looks great! Can't wait to get mine back from Pauly, I had a left side handle installed on mine.

It's shipped! It'll be there Friday. smile.png

I'll get you the fed-ex tracking # in just a little bit.

If you did it give some advice on how to attempt this look. Thanks

I'm milling the Tromix handles on my mill after welding now so I can keep the perfect angles better than I could before.

For capillary action required for lubrication retention for the shear surfaces I do the engine turning on the bottom of the carrier with a cross-slide vise on my drill press.

Finally got to the range today and wanted to give a report. Pre-conversion in its nuetered state it would run 00 buck on setting 5. It would NOT run bulk pack unless I put the booster piston which could be achieved on setting 5 and 00 on setting 4. I put about 300 rds through it with no change. Restored and sent bolt and carrier out to Pauly. Put 135 rds. through it today with the stainless piston. 00 on setting 3 and bulk pack on setting 5. She didnt miss a beat. All bulk was with 20 rd. mag dumps, 120 worth. Even with the added VCH it was a hungry beast. Wasnt going to put a pic up until I get it moly-coated but what the hell.

post-29460-0-01523900-1318809098_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

Finally got to the range today and wanted to give a report. Pre-conversion in its nuetered state it would run 00 buck on setting 5. It would NOT run bulk pack unless I put the booster piston wich could be achieved on setting 5 and 00 on setting 4. I put about 300 rds through it with no change. Restored and sent bolt and carrier out to Pauly. Put 135 rds. through it today with the stainless piston. 00 on setting 3 and bulk pack on setting 5. She didnt miss a beat. All bulk was with 20 rd. mag dumps, 120 worth. Even with the added VCH it was a hungary beast. Wasnt going to put a pic up until I get it moly-coated but what the hell.

027.gif

Sweet!

Yeah, at first I figured the added weight of the handles would take up the gain that you get from my GlassBolt System so I when I started out I was including a free MD Arms Booster Puc with all of my Charging Handle Installs but I quickly found GlassBolt kept more than enough additional power in the cycle through resistance reduction to cover the added weight. smile.png

I still do highly recommend the MD Arms Booster Puc or the CSS Performance Puc in addition to GlassBolt if people are trying to make them run great without enlarging ports because I've received reports of some great results with the combination of the two.

How much did that work cost? If u dont mind telling. That's exactly what I want done to mine

I'll do both GlassBolt & a Tromix VCH in black for $200.00 shipped. 000.gif

ETA;

Yoshi...

What do you think about the free gift?

I guess I should throw in there only the .07 gauge will fit in the ports so Im assuming the 3 are .077-.078" I have not shot it with the poly choke yet either. I'll hold on to my booster of course but very nice not to have to change them out. Pauly you sir are a master of your work!!! Edit: Sweet man, the knife is awesome!

Edited by Yoshi