New Saiga Owner!

Hey everybody,

Been kickin back, hiding out, and reading posts for a month or so before i made an account recently. I mustered up enough balls tonight to tear her down and begin working on it myself biggrin.png . Its nothing special at this point... but it is the beginning of a work in progress! All I did tonight was remove the bolt and carrier, polish them both, and round off the two angles in the bolt channel. Don't have any pics yet..Anyways just wanted to say thanks for all the kick ass info you guys made this VERY SIMPLE. I feel pretty confident about doing this build myself. Can't wait to order all the parts and good shit so I can knock this build out 027.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Renegade. You will love every minute of the build. I found that besides CSS having great videos, Check out DINZAG site. He too has some awesome vids and info that will help educate and guide in the right direction.

Thanks everybody. The next thing I plan on doing is opening up my gas ports. I currently have 3

Just out of curiosity, have you fired it yet? You didn't mention whether you had or not. Before you do anything to the gas ports, fire the weapon with various ammunition types (buck, slug, birdshot) to see if it's even necessary. If it isn't, you'll save save yourself a lot of time and aggravation, not to mention avoid possibly damaging your S-12. A thought...

Thanks everybody. The next thing I plan on doing is opening up my gas ports. I currently have 3

Just out of curiosity, have you fired it yet? You didn't mention whether you had or not. Before you do anything to the gas ports, fire the weapon with various ammunition types (buck, slug, birdshot) to see if it's even necessary. If it isn't, you'll save save yourself a lot of time and aggravation, not to mention avoid possibly damaging your S-12. A thought...

Yes I've tried a various mixture of 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells. All the slugs, 00 buck, and higher brass loads cycled flawlessly. The gun has been broken in and still have a pretty big inconsistency with the cheap wally world ammo.