a real grip screw......

who's got them? just tried one of those new plastic Tapco's and all i can say is...what a joke. talk about cheap shit, mad.gif had to grind the sides just to get it in the receiver hole. anybody know where to get the steel ones at? this 7.62 project will stop until then. TIA

ya thats total BS , danzig better not be sending me some plastic shit smile.png

No, dinzag's grip screw nut is metal, though it is molded not forged.(unless I'm mistaken)

That sould not be a big deal, molded or forged, it is not like you need to torque the hell out of it!

It is just a piece of metal that has been cut and threaded.

We still have the older style metal Tapco grip screw and bushings. Tapco is redoing the bushing, but it will still have polymer in the bushing. Just specify, when you order, that you want the metal grip screw and bushing.

• 4 months later...

I just installed a Bulgarian 74' skeleton stock on one of my AK's and the steel bolt I had going through the previous saw grip was a little short. We have a Fastenal store in town, and they had one that worked nicely. You can get pretty much any style/ length bolt from these guys. One of the gents I spoke with told me lots of gun folks come to them for oddball sized nuts and bolts.

Edited by fffpatriot