Stock from the conversion kit broke off the receiver

Shot my converted saiga for the first time today and was so pumped to get some trigger time. I was shooting some 3in nitro mags, federal bulk pack, and 1oz rifled slugs today. Went through about a box and a half of the federal shells with no problems. I loaded up the slugs and shot 9 or 10 of them before i switched to the nitro mags. I shot probably 20 of them when the screw on the bottom of the buffer tube which hooks onto the block sliding into the receiver stripped out. Then off came the collapsible magpul stock.The screw was not cross threaded and sat flush against the buffer tube. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? I was thinking maybe use a tap and dye set to rethread

it or just say the hell with it and switch to a different style of stock. Also, has anybody else had this happen before? I'll try and get a digital camera from a friend tomorrow so i can post decent pics. I'll put some pics from my phone up but the camera isnt all that great

Edited by renegade331

That's not a Vltor or CAA collapsible stock adapter, is it? I don't recognize it. I suggest you maybe upgrade to one of the high quality aluminum units from CSS. Just decide what kind of sling attachment you prefer and go from there. Or go all the way and cut the tang, add the internal receiver block, Ace AR hinge, a buffer tube sized for your stock, and a castle nut. A moderately small fortune later you have a side folding and telescoping stock. It's like a Cadillac where the steering wheel tilts up and down, AND slides forward and back. So sweet......

Definitely not one I saw when I was getting my conversion parts together. Very weak design. The ones css carries are designed so that an ar buffer tube actually screws into the mounting block like an ar. As strong as you're going to get right there.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-170/ACE-CAR15-SAIGA-AK47/Detail

That's the mount. You'll most likely need the internal block, castle nut and a threaded buffer tube all available through greg. He ships super fast and use the promo code CSS for 5% off. Good luck!

Edited by Rctreadaway

Btw i looked for a brand and couldnt find one on the buffer tube or the mount which snapped. Yes sergii the tube was attached only by screw and i was concerned too when i saw that at first but once i tightened them down it felt rock solid. So i thought it would be alright.

Edited by renegade331

I actually bought this from carolina shooter supply. It was part of the #4 conversion kit. $233 and a stock that snapped off after less than 100 rounds... Feel like i got screwed on this one big time.

Contact Greg at CSS and see what he says.

I actually bought this from carolina shooter supply. It was part of the #4 conversion kit. $233 and a stock that snapped off after less than 100 rounds... Feel like i got screwed on this one big time.

CSS has ALWAYS been helpful.. I would contact him as well..

this just reinforces my plan to go with the ACE unit..

Just fired out an email. So ill keep ya guys posted and i've heard nothing but good things about Greg. So hopefully we can figure something out.

Edited by renegade331

Btw i looked for a brand and couldnt find one on the buffer tube or the mount which snapped. Yes sergii the tube was attached only by screw and i was concerned too when i saw that at first but once i tightened them down it felt rock solid. So i thought it would be alright.

This mount is very bad.

It is best when the handset is screwed.

For example in the photo:

90961601.jpg

The tube can remove completely?

On the other side is a thread?

Wow that's the same kit I bought. I hope mine doesn't break. One of the inserts that are on top of the stock stripped and I had to put in a bigger wood/metal screw. Guess I should've bought the aluminum stock

I'm sure Greg will straighten things out. That is a poor design though. Bout to check out that kit you ordered on his site.

Edit: Kinda hard to tell from the pic but I assume this kit saves you from having to cut the tang off your receiver. I would just go back with the internal block and remove the tang. Might as well do it right.

Edited by Rctreadaway

Wow that's the same kit I bought. I hope mine doesn't break. One of the inserts that are on top of the stock stripped and I had to put in a bigger wood/metal screw. Guess I should've bought the aluminum stock

How many rounds have you put through since you converted it?

Not sure. Maybe 300 at the most. Bulk pack ammo

That is a GTI tube we just started selling. It looks like a defect in the metal.

I believe mine is CAA

That is a GTI tube we just started selling. It looks like a defect in the metal.

I believe mine is CAA

Can you see any signs of cracking or stress on the piece that hooks onto the bottom of the tang(where it protrudes from the external block?)

I believe mine is CAA

Can you see any signs of cracking or stress on the piece that hooks onto the bottom of the tang(where it protrudes from the external block?)

No it looks ok.

I believe mine is CAA

No it looks ok.

Huh, well maybe mine was just exceptionally weak or defected metal as greg mentioned earlier. Either way i would watch that fucker like a hawk lol

can someone please tell me why people shoot 3 inch mag shells out of their gun?what upside is there ?the downside is beating the gun to death and for what reason?i know people do it and i do not knock them for it,i just dont understand since they are usually only shooting targets.when their is a problem with the gun it seams like the culprit was 3 inch shells.what will a 3 inch shell do so much better on a target than 2/34 high brass?

can someone please tell me why people shoot 3 inch mag shells out of their gun?what upside is there ?the downside is beating the gun to death and for what reason?i know people do it and i do not knock them for it,i just dont understand since they are usually only shooting targets.when their is a problem with the gun it seams like the culprit was 3 inch shells.what will a 3 inch shell do so much better on a target than 2/34 high brass?

I have a md arms v-plug and on setting three a 3in 00buck kicks less than 2 3/4 00 buck on setting 4.