8 round russian mags..

I keep hearing different things about these mythical 8 round Izmash magazines, so I would like to get things cleared up.. I am ready to buy 1-2 Izmash 8-round magazines, but it seems like there are different types and some are military versions that are made from better materials. The reason I want to buy some is because I hear they're the most durable and reliable magazines you can purchase, so I want whatever version is the best.. I think there are a lot of people on the forum in the same boat.

1) What 'version' of the 8-round Izmash magazine is the best (strongest, most durable, most reliable)

2) Where can these be purchased?

3) What type of price should I expect to pay for the magazine + shipping?

I spoke to my contact at www.shooters-shop.ru who explained that they dont have any in stock at the moment.

Thoughts?

I bought mine from rusmilitay. it has a K stamp. There are a few people in the WTS section selling some S128rounders. I really dont see what the big deal is really about this material is better than that material issue. They are basically the same and they are Izmash 8rounders. Who cares what material they are made out of. they are still more reliable than anything else you are going to get. its not like you are comparing them to surfire/promag mags. I would like to see some evidence of how they are superior.

• Like 1

There is no military versions 8rnd mag. Saiga-12 is not on the arms of the army. There is only one version of the Saiga-030 is supplied to the police. Mag from it are the same as the civilian version of the Saiga-030/Vepr-12.

• Like 3

As far as cilvilan or military there is no such thing all the mags are made of the same polymers with metal reinforcments as are all the factory 5rd'ers . The ONLY differance is that some of the newer rock-n-locks both 5 and 8rd'ers have a newer LRBHO follower. Looking thru all the new factory 8rders I have bought lately that is the only difference I have found. If someone else out there know something else I have missed then feel free to post some pics and show me I am wrong.

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I do have some Izzy magwell mags. To me it appears that there are two versions of the mag. The "K" mag seems to be beefier. The walls of the "K" mag are thicker in the area where the "K" stamp is located (not really captured in the photos). They are also somewhat textured. Additionally, the "K" mags do not have the little bit of flare at the bottom. Instead, the sides are straight to the bottom. Furthermore, the vertical ribs on the "K" mags are not as pronounced. There are somewhat rounded/blended. Both mags have the LRBHO tab.

I don't know if one is designed for LEO or not, but I would say the " K" appears to be a bit tougher. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Here's some crappy iPad photos. Yes, I know my railing needs painted.

cebe04ce.jpg

f162a855.jpg

d5abe383.jpg

c0037889.jpg

b7f0eb6d.jpg

Now, where are the damn 030 and V12s?

• Like 2

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I do have some Izzy magwell mags. To me it appears that there are two versions of the mag. The "K" mag seems to be beefier. The walls of the "K" mag are thicker in the area where the "K" stamp is located (not really captured in the photos). They are also somewhat textured. Additionally, the "K" mags do not have the little bit of flare at the bottom. Instead, the sides are straight to the bottom. Furthermore, the vertical ribs on the "K" mags are not as pronounced. There are somewhat rounded/blended. Both mags have the LRBHO tab.

I don't know if one is designed for LEO or not, but I would say the " K" appears to be a bit tougher. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

cebe04ce.jpg

f162a855.jpg

d5abe383.jpg

c0037889.jpg

b7f0eb6d.jpg

The one above marked "k" is the old magwell mag design. The smoother one is the new design. AFAIK, there are no LEO/non-LEO mags, just new and old design.

I have 3 non-magwell 8s just sitting here as I have no non-magwell S12 to use them anymore. But I wont let them go for any less than 180 shipped each.

cebe04ce.jpg

f162a855.jpg

d5abe383.jpg

c0037889.jpg

b7f0eb6d.jpg

The one above marked "k" is the old magwell mag design. The smoother one is the new design. AFAIK, there are no LEO/non-LEO mags, just new and old design.

I have 3 non-magwell 8s just sitting here as I have no non-magwell S12 to use them anymore. But I wont let them go for any less than 180 shipped each.

would you trade one for a like new monster brake?