New to the forum. Took my Saiga 12 pheasant hunting. Pics

Long time lurker here, really love the site. Its been a wealth of information.

I took my Saiga 12, skeet shooting a month ago. The way the factory sights are make it tough for wing shooting, so I didn't do to well with it at first. A week before my pheasant trip, I decided to mill down the rear sight so that I only saw the front sight like a traditional shotgun. After I did this I painted the front bead red with some of my wifes nail polish.

This modification is what did it for me. Now its sights are just like my other shotguns, and I shoot skeet with it very well now. I placed second in a skeet competition the night before our hunt, so I had plenty of confidence to run it the next day.

Edit, pictures fixed

photo22.jpg

381676_2412435064609_1063250056_32458876_519486358_n.jpg

photo23.jpg

post-37742-0-36061300-1321373392_thumb.jpg

post-37742-0-95074900-1321373418_thumb.jpg

Edited by eastTXhunter
  • Like 1

This is the first time that I have seen someone post upside-down pics. I got a good chuckle out of that.

I was given a very good tip by a gentleman that has trained many world champion Skeet shooters (John Wooley). Never look at the sights. Fire the weapon enough to instictively 'know' where it will hit with the ammo that you are using. I never look at my sights and can hit clay pigeons with acceptable consistency. You will also be much faster by eliminating the need to acquire the sights.

• Like 2

you any any particular choke for it?

Used a poly choke, and set it to modified.

This is the first time that I have seen someone post upside-down pics. I got a good chuckle out of that.

I was given a very good tip by a gentleman that has trained many world champion Skeet shooters (John Wooley). Never look at the sights. Fire the weapon enough to instictively 'know' where it will hit with the ammo that you are using. I never look at my sights and can hit clay pigeons with acceptable consistency. You will also be much faster by eliminating the need to acquire the sights.

LOL, I agree! I am on most gun boards with lots of post and have never done it myself either. I have to use photobucket on the other forums. Should I use it here too? Or stick with the kind you upload directly from hard drive?

Nice first post even if the pics are upside down. Good job. Glad I'm not the only one using my S12 for hunting.

And along with what evl says, this is exactly why no crazy rifle sights are needed on a shotgun.

• Like 1

EastTX,

Are the pics In a pic folder in your PC? Click on one of them and it will appear fullscreen. Look at the bottomof the screen and there should be a rotate icon. Rotate the pic and hit the close button. It should save the pic as you edited it.

Yes, uploading from the drive is the easiest. If you have an HD camera, you may need to resize the pics in Paint.

EastTX,

Are the pics In a pic folder in your PC? Click on one of them and it will appear fullscreen. Look at the bottomof the screen and there should be a rotate icon. Rotate the pic and hit the close button. It should save the pic as you edited it.

Yes, uploading from the drive is the easiest. If you have an HD camera, you may need to resize the pics in Paint.

+1 or if it is in thumbnail view just right click, then rotate clockwise/coutner clockwise.

EastTX,

+1 or if it is in thumbnail view just right click, then rotate clockwise/coutner clockwise.

I never noticed that. Thank you.

EastTX,

Yesir, they are on my computer. When I look at them they are correct, but aren't when I post here. They were correct when I uploaded them to photobucket as well for other sites.

That is really good advice. I always shoot clays much better once I settle down and stop looking at the shotgun and just focus on the clays. Suddenly they all seem to go "Pop" much easier.

Edited by RobRez

I've been wanting to do that for a couple of years now, but haven't gotten the chance or the license. Welcome to the forum.

I think you do us all a service, because you are directly undermining the retarded "sporting/non-sporting" distinction.

• Like 1

Nice pics. Where were you guys hunting? I am headed home from 3 days of pheasant hunting myself. Didn't take the s12 this year but I used it last year and I shot 4 and doubled on one. It is just to heavy with all the walking we do.

It sure is lighter than my brother's double barreled 10 gauge. That thing is 11 1/2 lbs, but it sure is snotty.