FCG for forward trigger mod

Is it necessary to buy a new FCG parts to complete the forward trigger mod?

I'm posting from New Zealand, so I'm not sure if you guys are doing that to be 922r compliant or otherwise.

I'm looking to buy a S12 soon, and I have never owned a AK pattern rifle before.

Stuff I'm buying to complete forward trigger mod:

AK stock,

AK pistol grip,

Q is, is the original trigger and trigger guard reusable for forward trigger mod?

I don't know about NZ laws, but the thing to do would be to get some surplus trigger components. They are around $10 USD here.

You cannot use the stock components unless you were to weld the trigger onto the appropriate portion. It isn't worth the hassle.

• Like 2

I don't know about NZ laws, but the thing to do would be to get some surplus trigger components. They are around $10 USD here.

You cannot use the stock components unless you were to weld the trigger onto the appropriate portion. It isn't worth the hassle.

You just inspired me to do something evl.... Thank you!

You just inspired me to do something evl.... Thank you!

Would that constitute one US made part? Technicaly it would be a fabrication.

Evlblk-- I hope whatever I inspired is legal and that you post pics when you are done. I don't see much use for foreign fcg, unless you are doing an AOW, or are a manufacturer with special licences.

Timbro--

I doubt that any of that matters for New Zealand, but I have read that you have other types of absurd restrictions that are different from our absurd restrictions.

We do the modification for both legal and functional reasons. We can meet the legal standards without moving the trigger group, but the gun is way better in AK format. We kill 2 birds with one stone, restoring ergonomics and functionality, and being legally allowed to do so.

Pool-

Not a lawyer, but I have been told that it counts for how ever many parts it performs the function of. specifically, a thumbhole stock counts as both 1 stock and 1 pistol grip, for a total of 2 parts.,

If you make a part in the USA, it is a US part. If you modify a foreign made part into it's original purpose it is still foreign. So modifying a foreign FAL stock to fit your saiga doesn't make a US stock.

Edited by GunFun

Thanks guys,

Can you guys provide links for the FCG? Russian made, or US made, doesn't matter, longs its good price/ quality.

My U.S. export agent is based in Wethersfield.

If I reused my original trigger guard, does it have to be spot welded? I'll buy a after market if its can be bolt on. Much easier for me and not perm.

Also good place to buy a AK full stock?(can't have folding or telescoping in NZ)

Edited by timbro

If I reused my original trigger guard, does it have to be spot welded?

No it doesn't have to be welded. I re-used mine. I just trimmed one end (bolted) and forced the other end under the mag release bracket. It's as solid as a rock, no movement. Some people reform it some, I just used a drift pin in the holes to align them and put a bolt thru, after putting the other end under the mag release.