AMD-65 sling options

Underfolders no problem, I made a few one off's for guys but nothing in production as of yet. The automotive field took priority this winter.

Let me know if you are willing to be a Guinea pig and i'll get it going again. If there's more interest in the future i'll do a production version. Having 300-400 of a product sitting on the shelves for months hurts. Im still just a small one man shop.

Thanks,

Vince @ msp fabrication

• Like 1

Underfolders no problem, I made a few one off's for guys but nothing in production as of yet. The automotive field took priority this winter.

Let me know if you are willing to be a Guinea pig and i'll get it going again. If there's more interest in the future i'll do a production version. Having 300-400 of a product sitting on the shelves for months hurts. Im still just a small one man shop.

Thanks,

Vince @ msp fabrication

I have your slingplate on my Draco, I love it. Are you saying you have made them before for an AMD? The stock is a wire folder. If the plate was made to not interfere with the button it would work, I think. I would definatly be willing to be a guinea pig if you are interested in making one.

I would go with a single point setup using the loop on the left side of the rifle since it is a folding stock. When I carry around for hiking, it would be folded until I spotted a target or danger area to keep it compact but close enough to ready.

That is kinda what I was thinking but I am not sure how it would hang. Is it pretty comfortable?

That is kinda what I was thinking but I am not sure how it would hang. Is it pretty comfortable?

I use a bungee sling and it is fine other than when you are running without hands on your weapon and then you better have a pad on your chest or use a hand to keep it from knocking against you.

If you plan on slinging it on your back and not needing it for fast transitions to ready, then the two point is definitely the way to go. If you plan to have it near ready, the single point is my personal preference. However with the compact nature of these folding AK variants, it would be just as easy to throw it in a backpack if you aren't using it while on a long hike - just be aware of your CCW laws.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

PM sent Quick.

I guess I'll say what I have for a sling system. A simple nylon 1"? 2pt that attaches at the front attachment point and around the wire on the stock and simply slides up and down it. I laughed when I put it on for some backwoods training, but it worked so well I left it on. It doesn't interfere with folding the stock and seems to always stay in the right spot, no matter if the stock is folded or not.

But I'm going to square that away, hopefully with one of Quick's adapters. =)