first thee gun match a dismal failure...

Well my first three gun match with the Saiga went down in flames. The saiga suddenly developed a hang up where it failed to feed??? now the odd thing is the day before I had run 100 rounds through it with no failures what so ever. Also I am have to invent a bolt lock open on the last round for this thing. I have been practicing the hold the bolt hold open on the last round then insert a new magazine with the bolt back (cause ya gotta) and do ok but if you get off on your round count you are screwed. So in closing am I gonna stay with the saiga? Hell yes and once I get the bolt hold open figured out this thing is gonna rock

IPSC_GUY

I posted misfeeds earlier in this forum. I found that if I left my magazine loaded into the magazine well, the top of the first round would flaten out on one side do to the pressure of the shell being pushed against the bottum of the bolt. I corrected the problem by using a heavy cased magnum load. If the plastic shell casing is just a thin small game casing, or a slug, were the last quarted inch of the plastic shell is hollow, the round flattened and mis-fed. Also, when you chamber your first round, pull back the bolt and wait just for a second before you release it. This seems to allow the shell a little extra time to line up with the breech and seems to help even a slightly flattened shell to cycle. These two steps have all but eliminated jams and misfeeds in my Saiga 12.Try these and let me know if they help you too.

:rolleyes: I have opened up my mags and shave down the bottom of the follower and the protruding plug that come up from the top half of the floorplate to allow more springingness :chris: to a loaded five round mag. AND YES if I shave enough off I could in theory load six rounds in the mag, I GUESS!

Also you need to clean your Saiga shotguns more than you think, there is a lot of debri that can come from a fired shotgun hull and could make your Saiga sluggish.

Another trick I have is to have two mags straped together with a G3 mag clamp for quiker reloads.

AND YES! The Saiga definately needs a last round bolt-hold open device! :eek:

:killer: Rock47

I've put around 500 rounds through my Saiga 12 19" barrel w/o one jam and I've only cleaned it once in that time. I forgot to switch the gas valve back to #2 after using magnum rounds and it still cycles standard 2 3/4" #8 target rounds on the magnum setting, I was really surprised. I figure that I'll leave it on the magnum setting until I get a jam (which hasn't happened yet, 200 rounds later).