So I was out testing some AK mags and I had a weird FTF. Skip to 3:00 and you'll see what I mean. The new round failed to chamber, instead it seemed to bounce off the chamber and lodged itself between my bolt carrier group and the from trunnion. This is the weirdest gun malfunction I've ever had.

My question is, have any of y'all had this happen to you before? Is there something I did to make my gun hiccup? Yeah I know it's a 10/63, but this is the only time it's ever jammed and I've shot about 500 rounds out of the gun so far. It seems to run fine on every kind of ammo... I wonder if it was my mags? They were Tula Bakelites, which are primo mags, but idk. Totally weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWEtm_oSYA

maybe a fluke? that is weird. looks as if the round came free from the bolt just after extracting it from the mag. maybe the carrier got hung on something? or perhaps the recoil spring? idk. i never seen one like that either.

That happened to me once too, and out of one of my favorite mags that had seen a lot of use and never had a hiccup before or since. Chaos, it is a bitchy mistress.

Just goes to show, that even with a weapon as reliable as the AK, you need to practice your clearing drills. Mr. Murphy is a cruel SOB.

• Like 1

I have the same problem that I isolated to a single mag on the PSL. In my case, it was rust pitting on the underside of the feed lips. Sandblasting and then a thin layer of JBWeld that I smoothed out carefully fixed the problem (just gotta get a dremel all the way into the back of the feed lips).