i wish there was a stock like that for a .22, it would be the cats ass on a gsg5pk sbr

Or a 10/22! I'd buy it. May buy one for an an too.

Somehow,I would think it not to be useable on a rifle with such a light recoil.

There has been a couple AR-15 style .22s that can SSAR stock. Its the S&W model. Its fairly light so thats why it works.

I am kinda surprised to hear that from a Tromix guy. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the input. Have you tried it on a shorty 12?

Surprised that I bought the stock, or that I didn't put it on one of my S-12's ????

Actually, I have no desire whatsoever to put this stock on an S-12.............. (both of mine have folders, anyway, and won't go on.....)

At my age, I get all the ROF I can stand just pulling the trigger, and I can pull the trigger pretty fast............... (TROMIX SRT on both of 'em !!)

I could put it on this TROMIX 10th Anniversary rifle, but why would I want the ugly bastard on such a beautiful gun ??!!

post-3950-0-00123000-1327026093.jpg

post-3950-0-94360900-1327026264.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

Both actually.

I would expect it to beneath your quality/practicality standard. I would also expect you have gotten to play with real FA toys so this wouldn't be interesting.

As for the ugly and the S-12-- I just think of this as a gimmick for the occasional fun afternoon, rather than something to leave on a gun. What's the sacrilege in putting it on a fancy gun for a day at the range and putting everything back to normal after. It looks like you should be able to swap in under 10 minutes. I want to try it out on a 12 just to try- again, I can't see anyone leaving it on their only S12.

Both actually.

I would expect it to beneath your quality/practicality standard. I would also expect you have gotten to play with real FA toys so this wouldn't be interesting.

As for the ugly and the S-12-- I just think of this as a gimmick for the occasional fun afternoon, rather than something to leave on a gun. What's the sacrilege in putting it on a fancy gun for a day at the range and putting everything back to normal after. It looks like you should be able to swap in under 10 minutes. I want to try it out on a 12 just to try- again, I can't see anyone leaving it on their only S12.

Quality/practicality standard.......Bought the stock specifically to put it on the Maadi. It's the oldest AK I own, and the one I tend to shoot the least. Therefore, I can have it on the rifle as a dedicated stock, and not have to concern myself with swapping it around.

Past that, the Maadi, as AK variants go, is for various reasons what I'd prefer over a Romy, Bulgarian, Chinese, or any of the rest........Save Saiga, being the top choice for me (as long as it says TROMIX on it !!)

Getting to play with FA toys doesn't exclude me from just buying this stock for the hell of it........... It's a fun toy !! That makes it interesting enough for me.........

Edited by Jeaux E

WOW! That is one of the coolest, if not thee coolest, Saiga rifle's I have seen on the forum! 032.gif

Thanks, Hog !! Glad someone likes it as much as I do !!

It's a Saiga/Legion/Arsenal/Tromix SGL.......... It's the only TROMIX 10th Anniversary gun that Tony made, engraved and dated, both with the 10 year timespan and the date he made it !! Only two-tone I know of that Tony's done !! SRT trigger on this one, too !!

post-3950-0-31573300-1327036176_thumb.jpgpost-3950-0-19664200-1327036086.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

Just found a NIB slidefire for $250 and had to get it. I can use it on my 12, x39, 308, and my 5.45. My brother has one for his AR and they are definately bad-ass. Some people discount them as a range toy, but if for some reason you needed to get lot's of lead down range it does a real good job. I don't have much experience with NFA full auto but this stock is very similar, there would be a very slight advantage with the real deal as far as accuracy, but that type of fire isn't meant to be precision IMHO.

Once again, nice rifle!