Side Folder Latch for S-12?

ive found a huge source of these latches, not kits, if anyone needs help. You will still need to find a pin and spring. Springs I just bought at the hardware store. pretty cheap.

Edited by AZG

I have not had any luck finding a front latch for the folding butt stock either from Cobra (says he's looking to have some made). There is also a guy on gunbroker selling the standard latch who tells me he might make some in a few weeks. In the meantime I have been in the garage with my Dremel tool and files and I made this... unfortunately it is probably too soft to use. The dimensions are hard to figure from the photos folks have posted because of the perspective and lack of scale.

IMG_4749.jpg

Thats a pretty damn good job right there!

"Turbothis" on another AKcentric forum created the latches but doesnt have any way of making or a source on the other small related parts needed.

He started a small company selling some hard to find machined parts called Guns Northwest or My Guns Northwest

I havent seen anyone who has come up with other items that work in place so your on your own there.

Good luck

Harv

Got mine from Turbothis. Also my IZ-433, 030 type already had the spring and hole in the hand guard out the box. Just need a pin and I guess the magwell will hold it in if not I will use e-clips.

That's really cool, mind posting a pic?

Assuming you are doing a side folder on a 030 clone, I am pretty sure you can use the pin from the AK-100 series side folding stock/trunnion kits sold by K-Var and the likes. The pin may need to be shortened with a file, but it should work. The plastic magwell on the S-12 (030) holds the pin in place so the clip isn't necessary. I'm running mine with no issues like this right now.

Assuming you are doing a side folder on a 030 clone, I am pretty sure you can use the pin from the AK-100 series side folding stock/trunnion kits sold by K-Var and the likes. The pin may need to be shortened with a file, but it should work. The plastic magwell on the S-12 (030) holds the pin in place so the clip isn't necessary. I'm running mine with no issues like this right now.

I have a few extra AK-100 pins so that good to know. Now I need a template or something as to where I need to cut the front. Got the back covered already. Any place to get one?

Got mine from Turbothis. Also my IZ-433, 030 type already had the spring and hole in the hand guard out the box. Just need a pin and I guess the magwell will hold it in if not I will use e-clips.

That's really cool, mind posting a pic?

Will try to do that this weekend.

Edited by madmax4x4