Factory gas plug adjustment?

Hate to say it but, I think you are gonna have to push it in as far as you can and try and work it back up through the hole. Somehow it went in there and somehow it should come back out. It may take many hours, but it will be a big win if it works. I have spent a couple hours trying to change out a mag catch on an S12, so I know how much it sucks.

Well, that means you're probably going to have to remove the forward-most pin from the gas block and fish that sucker out with a 90 degree dental pick, beware though, that spring will launch the pin once it frees up. A white sheet spread out under the weapon helps to locate small parts, just don't piss off the wife by using the good sheets!

Well, that means you're probably going to have to remove the forward-most pin from the gas block and fish that sucker out with a 90 degree dental pick, beware though, that spring will launch the pin once it frees up. A white sheet spread out under the weapon helps to locate small parts, just don't piss off the wife by using the good sheets!

Shouldn't the pin stay in and just "snap" back in place?

Shouldn't the pin stay in and just "snap" back in place?

Not if you have the forward-most pin out of the gas block and are pushing on the release pin from behind with a pick...

Drip some Hoppe's #9 on it and let it soak. Whack the sides ot the GB with a piece of wood. IF it doesen't come free pour boiling water over the GB - lots of it. Repeat a couple times before doing anything else. If still stuck then do the push out the pin trick.

Use a couple drops of high temp oil (5W30 Mobil1) on it when you get it free.

Drip some Hoppe's #9 on it and let it soak. Whack the sides ot the GB with a piece of wood. IF it doesen't come free pour boiling water over the GB - lots of it. Repeat a couple times before doing anything else. If still stuck then do the push out the pin trick.

Use a couple drops of high temp oil (5W30 Mobil1) on it when you get it free.

Good call, I forgot about the boiling water trick...

After trying hitting it with the wood block and boiling water I ended up taking the roll pin out. After the roll pin was out I found their was a burr in the hole where the roll pin goes through. That was the problem. Because I couldn't install the other pin back in until a found and removed the burr. Thanks for your help.

Let me get this clear on the gas settings before I shoot it the first time. #1 is for high brass and #2 for 6 - 8 shot? I bought some Winchester universal 8 shot to see if will work with the gun.

Glad you got your gas plug push pin fixed...recently I removed my gas block, and shot my push pin and the spring out of the hole when I removed the long cross pin. Luckily, I found both parts against the far wall in my garage:

DSCN0328.jpg

After reading about how your pin got stuck, I am going to check the hole for burrs and polish the pin and even chamfer both ends slightly to make sure it doesn't hang up. Thanks for sharing!