HOW ACCURATE IS A SAIGA?

Very accurate, the first time shooting mine. This was with using standard iron sights, russian spam can ammo (TUL equivalent), FMJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqqlZdA86o

Not trying to be a dick here. But even at that short range I find that group unlikely. I base this solely on stance and stability and the MONSTER flinch when you dropped the hammer on the empty chamber. Sorry to wave the BS flag but when i know I'm right. I'm right. Lean into that damn rifle!!!

Edit to add. Not saying you didn't shoot that group and that range which is more than feasible for that rifle. I'm just saying it was not in that video recorded session

No, it was. First time shooting the Saiga and as explained in my post here and in video that I was quite surprised when I saw what came back to the firing line when bringing the target in. It is a great point and shoot beast. Any stance/reaction was obviously due to the first experience of her power compared to the handgun I shot minutes before. Would I have the same results at an outdoor range at a much further distance? Who knows.

I have no reason to lie or make stories up to be "cool" on the internet. I posted the video because I am exceptionally happy with the accuracy of the weapon as I have shot some rentals and friend's weapons that were way off target with us all giving them a try.

So yea, Cool story bro.

Just trying to give a little advice. If you don't want it don't take it. All I'm saying is stance is horrid and flinch at 00:22 is insane. Also staying on target after recoil would really be helped by not dropping the muzzle all wierd like that after every round.

Dang man I thought I'd check out the forum while the wife watches her shows.....BUT YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!! (me yelling at all y'all) har har har

You didn't say that right. Supossed to say it like this: HARRRRDEEEE HAR HAR HARbiggrin.png

I get 6-10 inch groups at 100 yards with a Weaver 1-3x mounted on a UTG quick detatch side mount. Brown/Silver Bear, Uly, and white box Winchester all group the same for my7.62. The Weaver is a nice scope purchased new on sale under $160. Very small profile and it also co-witnesses well at 1x with the iron sights. I'd be very surprised if anyone can actually get better than 5-6 inch groups consistently at 100 yards with a stock Saiga 7.62. That said, the weapon is great at 30 yards where I get 2-5 inch groups all day long. At 100 yard or less it is the weapon I would want to have if the stuff hit the fan.

I also have a bolt action .308 Tikka w/Leupold glass that shoots clover leafs at 100 yards, a XD45, XDM9, S&W .357, Winchester 1300, Ruger 10/22, and Buckmark .22. I shoot the Saiga far more often than the others & consider it my best buy in firearms for utility, cost, and just plain fun. Also it is great for turning non-gun owners into gun owners as every time I take a non-owner to the range & let them run 50-100 rounds thru my Saiga they are hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure you were able to do that actually, Its not really that far and even though you didnt have a super cool tactical stance Ive seen 100 pound Korean girls pull off similar groups with my 16" Saiga at about 25' after a pig roast and a day on the lake. Everyone has a good day now and then, glad yours was on the first day out!

• 1 month later...

I can easily punch a 4 inch group or so at 150 yards scoped firing 1 round a second. Get into faster fire and the barrel heats up and decided to throw your accuracy off a bit. If I take my time between shots, I can hit 3 inch rings at 200 yards pretty consistently.

Rapid fire at 75-100 yards should all be "chest-able" if you have any trigger time with the weapon.

As far as ammo.. I buy whatever is cheapest, even if I can't read the sanskrit writing on the box.

just my .02