New Guy-Unusual question about making a pump-action Saiga

New guy from Atlanta, Ga with an unusual question. I traded for a converted Saiga .223 with East German folding stock and love it. I also have a Romanian PAR-1 pump-action 7.62 x 39 and I like it but I am thinking about a project I need some Advice on. The PAR-1 would be an excellent hog/deer rifle here in the suburbs but walking around with a rifle with the pistol grip and Fab Defense folding stock will probably get the cops called on me because of the sheeple who live in the area. I am thinking of buying a 16" unconverted Saiga, and swapping the barrel, piston, carrier, etc. off of the Saiga and putting it on the PAR-1 to make a SAR-1, and put the barrel, piston carrier, etc. off of the pump action onto the unconverted Saiga. That way I would have a semi-auto AK that looks and functions like it's supposed to and have a unique pump-action rifle based on the AK, with all of it's reliability characteristics, in a platform that looks more like a pump-action rifle with the original unconverted Saiga Buttstock. I am even thinking of having the furniture on this new pump-action Saiga dipped to look more like a woodgrain furniture so as not to offend any of the nannies' sensibilities if they see me walking across a field with a rifle. It would also be the ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing, having a pump-action that looks like an ordinary hunter's rifle but one that could accept a wide array of magazines. I have not converted a Saiga but am confident I could with no problem. I was just trying to find any pitfalls that I have overlooked in this project. Thanks for any input you guys might have.

it might be easier to swap the trigger groups and stock between the two...put the stock saiga trigger group, homeade "clinton" plate and saiga stock on your PAR and put the PAR stock, pistol grip and trigger group (assuming its a US made trigger group, otherwise get a US made one) onto the saiga.

• Like 1