10 Round SAIGA 308. by Pro Mag any good?

Maybe, but also might do more harm than good. What I would do is get some Csspecs, Unita's or SGM they are in the For sale trade section as a plan B. Then go and get some cheap Tula and run the promag's through the wringer. You have to be comfortable that they will work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 10-rounder came in the mail today and I must admit, I am impressed. My initial impression of the mag right out of the box is that it is as well constructed as the factory mag. It loaded up exactly as the factory mag does with no tilt on the follower and excellent spring tension without feeling over-sprung. It fits snuggly into the magwell but required no "fitting". It locks up tight and looks and feels like it is part of the rifle. When I hand-cycled the bolt carrier, it was effortless just like the factory mag. I went through all 10 cartridges and not a single hiccup, even after repeating the entire process.

Unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to fire the rifle yet as a range trip is in order. That's when the true test will come, but I am very optimistic because, so far, this Promag is as good as the factory one. Would I buy another? At $22.... you bet!!

I'll advise for the csspecs mags. I got mine in the mail today and they function flawlessly and look sweet. I love a steel mag for an AK over a poly. Just looks right for it. The csspecs mags are a lil more expensive but they look and feel well worth the price.

Do they make 10-Rounders? Because anything larger is a no-no in my rifle.

Yeah, but we just ran out of 10s again. A new batch is being run should be done inside of a month.

PS. if your in Georgia and you have a stock Saiga .308 then getting ok with 922r could be as simple as swapping your front grip to a US made one. A stock saiga .308 should only have 14 counted parts, the magazine is 3 counted parts. So if you swapped one counted part (like the hand guard), you would be legal running US made mags over 10 rounds. Yet you would still be legal with the factory 8 as the hand guard does not add any non-sporting features.