Just bought mine today!

Seriously. Do some reading of older threads here, use the search function. Please. No insult ment but its not that hard and you will find more in depth info by looking yourself.

Edit one more time that I have been looking for many months for a definative awnser and no clear one seems available to our antigun ATF.

If I have failed to find the CORRECT ruling I hope someone will chime in. Seems like the only viable awnser is to replace as many as you can to cover your ass.

Edited by Jasper

These are for the saiga though. I think it has to be 5-6 American parts. How many are in a ar15 stock. 3? Then the Tromix adapter, that makes 4. Lastly the Tromix shark break makes 5 or the magazine base plate or even Tromix gas piston.

Damn. So how are people getting by with adding the M4 stock? This one change can make it not compliant. The only other things are mag base plate, gas piston, and muzzle break.

Ultimately that's all I want is a new hand guard/forearm, m4 adjustable stock and a muzzle break. I guess the question is what else do I need to add to be compliant?

I posted a question on the MKA 1919 lower earlier, no responses... Wouldn't the lower (reciever, stock, grip) all be considered ONE part?

That is important because the ATF count how many imported parts are left in the gun...not how many you've replaced. There cannot be more than 10 left in the gun. There is a list somewhere of which parts ATF count and which ones they do not.

If the ATF would consider the lower one part, then replacing the piston, fire control group, hand guard, and a couple other parts, might do it.

Well, for me, too little info, too much cost. And I guess the high costs are to be expected in a new platform, any new platform. Look at Cheaper Than Dirt...20 pages of AR aftermarket parts and accessories, set along side 4 or 5 pages of Saiga material.

On the other hand, I'm of the mind that there are 40 dollar five round mags out there right now. I'll buy a few, put together a mag vest to tote them around, and be happy as can be until sufficient information and accessories are readily available, and presumably, cheaper.

And oh yeah, I'll just continue shootin' the fool out of my 1919 til then.