hello saiga12forum,

my name is peter from miami, fl. i've recently acquired a sportier saiga 12. i got the chance to shoot it today and must say i love this gun. i am a ak-rifle collector/shooter and the saiga combines the best of my 2 favorite weapons.

i plan on taking this rifle and getting it converted to traditional Saiga 12K configuration. i'm a fan of classic military clones. any weapon i collect i enjoy the history behind it. my dream is to collect an old AK from Russia used in combat, again it's a dream.

i currently own a Norinco NHM-91, GP WASR 10/93 with ATI Strikeforce stock, and this Saiga 12.

my next purchase should be a ClassicFirearms.com Saiga 7.62 AK configured rifle.

anyways. hope to meet friends, learn facts, and have fun.

Welcome. You can do all those things here. You can do a decent restoration easily and without a lot of expense.

If you want a perfect 12K clone, it will cost you and it will take you a while to scrounge the parts but there are people here who can help you out if you are serious and don't waste their time.

If you have questions, start by reading the stickies in each subsection, then use google and search your phrase and this domain It is the best way to search this forum, Odds are, every thing you will want to ask for a while has been asked and answered before.