quick question about upgrades I want to do

I don't know what I'm taking about, but I'm guessing without knowing exactly what kind of gun you have and what modifications have already been done to it, your question could be hard to answer.

The easy answer would be "no" however assuming it was purchased through a FFL and the FFL wanted to keep his license.

Edited by charlieschoice

What about the forearm grip? Just changing that on a stock Saiga is kosher? Thanks!

Not if it's a US made part

A person can change out any part they want, with a foreign or domestic manufacture piece without triggering 922r, so long as the replacement or add on is not a pistol grip, >10rd magazine, or muzzle device.

Thats just my understanding.

What about the forearm grip? Just changing that on a stock Saiga is kosher? Thanks!

Not if it's a US made part

A person can change out any part they want, with a foreign or domestic manufacture piece without triggering 922r, so long as the replacement or add on is not a pistol grip, >10rd magazine, or muzzle device.

Thats just my understanding.

You're understanding is 100% correct.

It is perfectly legal to have a foriegn made sporting gun(ithica shotguns, new England firearms, factory saigas all all made out of the USA

and becuase they lack a bigger than ten round mag,pistol grip, and muzzle device they are 100% legal and can be modified in any way as long as one of those three "evil" things(PG,muzzle device,high cap mags) and ;barrell length,stock length, and full auto fire cabability is not modified or added)