Rear trigger pins removal

You can just use a solid center punch & a hammer to knock them out from the right.

A few stout whacks is all it takes. Then use a pin-punch to get them the rest of the way out.

Red is correct, the shoulder would not make it possible to do it the other way.

After punching them out, you can then re-peen them if you want to reuse them with a larger punch (while backing the left side of the pin).

Good luck.

He's talking about the rivets for an un converted weapon...

Pauly is right, but my question is: why?

Some people like to do trigger-jobs on unconverted guns.

I know that may sound weird, but when one thinks about it, if a guy's a lightning quick crack-shot who's been firing shotguns with Monte Carlo stocks all their lives, they will be better continuing with Monte Carlo stocks than they would re-learning something that they've been perfecting for the last 30 years.

• Like 1

Can the pins be punched out without deforming the receiver inwards? I will drill out rivits otherwise.

My gun is converted btw. Previous owner kept old tigger pins as hole plugs.

I thought he cut the triger off the axis pin, but i guess u can remove pins and re-rerivit the pins back on.

Edited by timbro

I tried to punch mine out at first, but i didnt have much luck. I guess having a vise or good table could have helped with that. Ive read that they are reusable if they are punched out. Ive heard of people just putting them back in to cover the holes, but it didnt work out that way for me