I got myself a Saiga 12C Exp 01-030, but here's the problem..

I'd like to use this opportunity and say hello to everyone on this forum. I live in Azerbaijan Republic. In case somebody wonders, this is half way across the earth from the U.S. Today I got myself a saiga 12C exp 01-030. I also have a saiga 410. But I'm most proud of the 12C which I bought today.

I feel sorry for myself. Because I have the OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. Don't get me wrong. I'm not crazy. I have masters degree in mechanical engineering and so on. I am educated. But I feel stupid because the OCD makes me do funny things. Just research OCD on google and you'll know what I'm talking about. I don't consider myself dangerous, on the contrary I try to stay super-safe. For example, normal people check to make sure the chamber is empty only once and dry fire only once. But I will check that for like 6 times, and dry fire at least twice. These can be classed as the symptoms of OCD.

Do you think I would be ok shooting at the range?

First thing I would like to say is welcome to the forum. The second thing I would like to say is that Saiga's have been known to cause OCD to normally perfect people as one cannot leave it alone long enough.

I would say to use your best judgement. As long as you are following gun safety to the fullest such as clearing your chamber as well as keeping the firearm pointed in a safe direction then I would not see a problem. The fact that you stated about checking 6 times to check for clear chamber is acutally a good thing as one cannot be too safe. It may be wise to have a buddy with you at the range.

• Like 1

Welcome to the froum.

4 rules to gun safety

1. All guns are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Follow these and you will be fine.

I lock my bolt open and do not have a mag in when I am moving around the range.

• Like 1

Theres not a problem, OCD only "exists" in the western countries. Everywhere else people know that its just a tendency, and that to label any little variation of human behavior as some disorder is just retarded.

the REAL questions here are,

How much did you pay for the rifle? What currency did you pay with?

Are the gun laws in Azerbaijan the same as in Russia? Are there any gun laws at all?

Сколько арбузов вы продали чтобы заработать на Сайгу?

Ya injener. Arbuzi ne pradayu.

I have paid about 3000 usd for the rifle. But it's not OCD. Its the freaking corrupt customs in Azerbaijan. Oh and yes, the gun laws are very similar to those in Russia. Thanks.

I know this price is crazy. But the dealers are swearing that the customs People are charging them ridiculously high import taxes.