Magpul's collapsible stock

I've been looking at magpul's collapsible stock for my unconverted saiga. I will be placing an order for CSS's trigger and pistol grip kit and i need a good stock to go along with my rifle. Im on a budget so im buying parts individually little by little. They cheapest I've seen em for is $95. Anyone knows where I can get a better deal? Websites and prices will help.

Wait and grab a Magpul STR, seriously, they were 2nd strongest in a recent buttstock smashing test.

San Diego, eh? I was born and raised in SD.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Wait and grab a Magpul STR, seriously, they were 2nd strongest in a recent buttstock smashing test.

San Diego all the way! Will the str fit the saiga ak?

It'll fit as well as any other stock designed for the AR system..i.e. you'll need an adapter. ;)

It'll fit as well as any other stock designed for the AR system..i.e. you'll need an adapter. ;)

Good to know. How much you think I will spend on an adapter?

It'll fit as well as any other stock designed for the AR system..i.e. you'll need an adapter. wink.png

Good to know. How much you think I will spend on an adapter?

I think you will spend whatever the particular adapter you choose costs. biggrin.png

Seriously man, google some of this shit. It'll save ya time.

*edit* Here's somewhere to start... http://store.carolin...47-STOCK/Detail

There's some info and a good pic. Midway currently has em in stock. wink.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Standard or folder? Did you cut off the tang?

I still have the monte Carlo stock on my saiga and havent made any modifications. I'm new And not familiar with the difference between standard or folded. A little help?

Standard or folder? Did you cut off the tang?

I still have the monte Carlo stock on my saiga and havent made any modifications. I'm new And not familiar with the difference between standard or folded. A little help?

Ok a folder is a stock that can be unlocked and folded back along side the receiver making the rifle shorter. Since your in Cali, I would be willing to bet you can't have, but could be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me.

Since you have the original stock there are a few options as ObiWanBonJovi and post-apocalyptic have pointed out above. Just make sure you know whats legal for where you are at and then do some surfing in the picture threads (Look at several caliber picture threads). You'll get lots of ideas that you might not have thought of.

My product comparison/review of two of the better AK adapter tubes for AR style collapsible stocks, http://forum.saiga-1...apters-for-aks/

Please note, neither of these fold. And sucks that you have to deal with all the ASS'inine CA AW laws.

S12 has the VLTOR tube and stock

s12april12rightsideup1.jpg

7.62x39 has the CAA and Magpul MOE

100_9709.jpg

San Diego does indeed rock, awesome place to vacation and visit old friends/family.

Only place I know where in one day you can surf in the morning, snow ski in the afternoon and off road in the desert for the night.

I've been gone for 17yrs, and damned happy about it as I can't stand the laws & State/Local government.

SD's Police & Sheriffs are particularly bad in my opinion.

And the fucking cost of living is ridiculous.

Love to visit, just can't live there any longer... I'd couldn't have any of my guns as they sit.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I stay out on the Naval Base in Coranado 3 to 4 times a year! That place rocks! Old Town, the beach, and the food!

I have a CTR on the Saiga 12 and a MOE on an AR. To be truthful, I cant tell the difference between the two when I am firing, They are both comfortable and adjust easily. I bought mine from Carolina Shooters Supplies. They hooked me up with the butt and tube. The tube fixed directly to the Saiga 12 without adapters or tang removal.

I stay out on the Naval Base in Coranado 3 to 4 times a year! That place rocks! Old Town, the beach, and the food!

I have a CTR on the Saiga 12 and a MOE on an AR. To be truthful, I cant tell the difference between the two when I am firing, They are both comfortable and adjust easily. I bought mine from Carolina Shooters Supplies. They hooked me up with the butt and tube. The tube fixed directly to the Saiga 12 without adapters or tang removal.

That's cool man. So you didn't need to buy additional parts for ur conversion in adittion to the conversion kit from CSS?

My product comparison/review of two of the better AK adapter tubes for AR style collapsible stocks, http://forum.saiga-1...apters-for-aks/

Please note, neither of these fold. And sucks that you have to deal with all the ASS'inine CA AW laws.

S12 has the VLTOR tube and stock

s12april12rightsideup1.jpg

7.62x39 has the CAA and Magpul MOE

100_9709.jpg

San Diego does indeed rock, awesome place to vacation and visit old friends/family.

Only place I know where in one day you can surf in the morning, snow ski in the afternoon and off road in the desert for the night.

I've been gone for 17yrs, and damned happy about it as I can't stand the laws & State/Local government.

SD's Police & Sheriffs are particularly bad in my opinion.

And the fucking cost of living is ridiculous.

Love to visit, just can't live there any longer... I'd couldn't have any of my guns as they sit.

Tell me about it bro! Laws and restrictions here suck. Ridiculous is right. So, any of the conversion kits kit I can get online still require me to purchase an adapter for it to fin my saiga?