cheap steel mags

WTF SOG had these listed as polish polymers this morning and I purchased 2 of them. Not only that but the picture they did have up appeared to be a east german bakelite that had been painted black. Just checked my bank account and I have not been charged. I guess I will have to call them in the morning to figure out what the hell is going on.

Yea, they had posted the wrong item cuz I called them b4 I placed my order, to inquire about the origin of these mags that's when they told me they are steel mags. As a matter of fact they changed the image on their website to show steel mag instead of the polymer they had on there.

I got two one was good condition the other moderate to bad. I cant believe I recently paid for an excellent condition one from apex for $35. Its hard to tell the difference between it and my one 15$ one from SOG

Post some pics if you can.

I found a couple Tantal mags at a gun show right after I bought my Saiga, condition was just like the one pictured on SOG. Got them for $15 each. The only other place I've them was on J&G's website. They're not there any more.

do these mags need to be modified to fit in the rifle? or, does the rifle need to be modified to fit the mags at all?

I have a Carolina Shooter's Supply bullet guide and my mags lock up nice and tight for me.

Edited by nkeesee

got my two tantal mags last night. The need to be cleaned up, there is a small amount of surface rust, and the follower is squeaky.

They lock up just fine, no need to modify mags or rifle.I did go and look to see if there were any more to be had from that website, but theyre all gone now :(

I had 10 of them and I would rate them all from very good to excellent condition.

I'm Very happy with the purchase and they fit great in the rifle. I was just about to pay $35 a piece for the same thing at apex