What is the difference in the Arsenal SLG21- numbers? So far as I can tell, the only difference is in the furniture. It all appears to be KVAR, different colors, and either NATO or Warsaw length.

If this is the case, I'm wondering why there is a price difference. I notice on gunbroker, in particular, there are price differences of up to $100 for nothing more that buttstock length and color.

I know of all the disparities on GB, but this is really quiet a bit; OR, is there a difference I'm not seeing?

I belive the only differents is what u mentioned already. Its pretty much a sporting saiga that someone else did the conversion for u and picked what color/style they think would sell the best. Why are there such a diffents in price?? probley the same reason a factory sporting saiga goes any where 350 to 600 for the same caliber... which i dont undestand myself.

True naaaa.gif

If you don't know the answer to basic questions just stay out of the discussion.

u-mad-bro.jpg

I belive the only differents is what u mentioned already. Its pretty much a sporting saiga that someone else did the conversion for u and picked what color/style they think would sell the best. Why are there such a diffents in price?? probley the same reason a factory sporting saiga goes any where 350 to 600 for the same caliber... which i dont undestand myself.

The quality, fit and finish of Arsenal rifles tends to be very good. The conversion (including full front-end conversion, which requires parts to be pressed off and on and correctly aligned) is labor-intensive, and any rifle with an AK-100 series folder is especially labor intensive. Sometimes Arsenal rifles are worth the asking price, sometimes not so much.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Like 2

well before someone jumps to conclusions, look at this thread and read what zen has to say about the Arsenals. pretty interesting and points out some things worth noting.

http://forum.saiga-1...arsenal-545x39/

Yep, just when I think I know wtf is up, Zen shows me how little I know.... I mean, to be able to spot the diff between a Bulgarian and Russian triggerguard.. that's impressive.

I do agree with his thoughts on the SGL rifles, though. These are not just "sporters" that Arsenal converts over. The Russian receiver markings on SGL rifles are also different, (cleaner and in better locations), than on the sporters.

• Like 1

to try to answer your question tuna, check out the info in this thread at post #12. has good info. and this thread may or may not answer your question directly, but give you and others an idea of the differences.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70376-arsenal-sgl-21-has-mil-spec-barrel/

Izhmash will build you whatever you want if your sales contract is big enough. Several years ago when everyone wanted their Saiga to have dimples, Izhmash via RAA said "sure, but it will cost you," and next thing you know there were dimpled Saigas coming in.

Also there are plenty of military overrun parts on Saigas. Lots of the Saigas here lately have proofed barrels with all the proper retainer cuts, etc. Makes a full conversion much easier.

I agree with what Zen said in that thread. There has been evidence thrown around here and other places that SGLs are not converted in any way and came into the country either as barreled receivers or complete firearms via some legal loophole.

It's a ton of work to rework a standard receiver for left-folders, for instance. Obviously some do it, but to do it in bulk is probably not that easy and would cost a lot more if it were being done after the fact.

Interstingly though a friend of mine is an FFL and has ordered direct from Arsenal many times. At least once they received a batch of SLRs and told him there would be a delay as they had to "convert" them - probably 922r work, but still - ???

Edited by mancat