Any hints my barel may be threaded???

Check for handguard retainer notch and see if the chamber is not stepped

These two things increase your chances greatly. Although it sounds like you know this...the only way to tell is hack the shroud off

Thanks hutchsaigs. Pictures are worth a thousand words. what and where on the retainer is the "handgard retainer notch"??? The chamber does not look stepped...its a right angle in...But I don't know exactly what I am looking at and I don't have any old brass. I put this project down last time because my pipecutter is MIA. Would a dremmel with a cutting wheel be better or should I just go out and buy a new pipecutter at the tool pawn?

Gunfun...count me in for next weekend. Good luck with finals.

I

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

Pictures of a stepped chamber can be found here

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/7303-case-neck-swelling-pics/page__pid__710127__st__60#entry710127

And this what the handguard notch looks like(this is the one I made becuase my rifle didn't have one)closest to the camera is the gas block, and the notch is on the top of the barrell with th slots running down the sides 70991f4d.jpg

But remember this two things are not a guarantee they just increase your chances(especially on an 09 manufacture)