Retainer plate question

I am rebuilding a rifle and have a question about retainer plates to replace the shepards crook spring. I know that the 1st ones were marketed by krebs custom but now it seems that there are several manufactures. Is there anything to differentiate them or are they all the same quality????

They're a pretty simple part, that does not experience a lot of stress. As long as the shape is correct it'll work fine. I would hope any company investing in tooling would make sure the dies are cut correctly to stamp a part of the correct shape.

or you can make your own, that is what I did, not all that difficult and you certainly don't need a engineering degree. it's a stupidity simple part to make. you just need 4 measurements. distance from the trigger pin to the hammer pin, distance and angle (use a protractor) from the hammer pin to the safety "hole". and the clearance from the bottom inside of the receiver to the bottom of the FCG axis pin holes.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins