Guys, I have a question. I just received my IZ-433 from Atlantic and it still has the side rail still installed. I thought that to be able to import the gas block rail had to be machined off, which it is but it still has the side rail on it. I checked legions site and all of their pics has a smooth sided 433. Also the rear leaf sight does not have the two machined dots on it, no big deal but I was just wondering about the rail. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Any new updates on any after market mags being thought of of being produced.

I am going to pick mine up tomorrow. I looked at it today though and it had the side rail as well. It seems that some have the rail and some don't. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this? It does seem redundant.

Anyway, I got my replacement gasblock from kvar and 5.5 trunnion with stock. I can't wait to get this thing converted back to original configuration! I just can't find a front latch/retaining kit anywhere. smile.png

Edited by SLR

I am going to pick mine up tomorrow. I looked at it today though and it had the side rail as well. It seems that some have the rail and some don't. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this? It does seem redundant.

Anyway, I got my replacement gasblock from kvar and 5.5 trunnion with stock. I can't wait to get this thing converted back to original configuration! I just can't find a front latch/retaining kit anywhere. smile.png

I just recall seeing on another AKcentric forum that "turbothis" had made a bunch of the special S12 front latches only(no other hook, spring, pin etc) .big_smile.gif

....or you can make me a offer on the set I'm saving for my S12 012.gif018.gif

Good luck

Harv

holler if you cant find turbos' contact info and Ill find it000.gif

I hate to sound stupid but what front latch reatining kit thingy are you guys refering to? And yes, the top rail would be much better than the side rail. I just wonder why mid also didnt come with the 2 dot rear sight. Mine is just plain jane. Any of you guys have the plain rear sight on the guns with the side rails?

Yup, mine also is "dot-less". I dont know if anyone has had the two rear dots on theirs....

And the stock latch retaining kit is for the 030 clones. It's the latch that locks in the poly sidefolder for the guys doing the full conversions. (like me if mine EVER gets here from Oleg) Note the one that comes with the AK100 series folders does not work with the S12s. There is actually an S12 specific latch.

It looks like this:

butt_retaining_kit.gif

Edited by RedCedarHunter