Tapco Hammer Profliling

Ok so I'm new at making topics. Here's the deal. My s12 hates to cycle anything besides slugs. Even 2 3/4 00buck has FTE. I have removed the gas block, drilled out the ports, polished some pieces on the bolt carrier, oh and the v plug that I now feel I wasted money on. When I pull my charging handle back I can feel a slight catch or resistance when the bulk of the bolt carrier travels over the hammer. I remember reading somewhere that the drop in g2 FCG needs some fine tuning an that part of it may be profiling the hammer. It makes sense to me cause I can see the bolt travel to the rear but bit far enough. So my question is... Do I lay my g2 hammer side by side with my factory hammer and make them similar without removing any important material or is there a walk through on such a process that will save me some heart ache?

I took a stock gun that ate anything, put a Tapco FCG in there and it would FTE. You really need to take some off the Tapco hammer, hopefully you didn't overdrill the gas ports.

The v-plug is never a waste of money, the only thing it does is give you more control of your gas system.

You can take the corners off the bottom of the bolt carrier where it makes contact with the hammer but be sure to not take much off the bottom part. You can't replace the carrier but the hammer is easy to replace if you screw it up so take the hammer face down first.

Also, make sure you don't take so much off the hammer that it won't engage the rear hook (drawing a blank on the part name) or the hammer won't stay back when cycled.

Where in TN are you?

Edited by romad7

Same here on the hammer, I had to polish the hammer a bit among other areas, but between the hammer being polished and the JTE hammer spring, the trigger is smooth as glass and sweet as honey, and will eat it all!!