US Made Galil Stocks

I finally got the sample in of our new Galil style stock. It mounts to any firearms that uses the "Ace" style stock mounting system. The stock is 100% aluminum. The butt plate is CNC'd out of 6160 billet aluminum and the bottom tube is formed using a CNC tube bender. The tubes are pinned in place. The stock is 9 and 5/8 inches in overall length but it will probably be 8 1/2" overall once we do the production run. We will be running these in the next couple weeks.

ScottAce%20galil%20stock%201%20resized.jpg

• Like 3

Do you have a retail price point in mind for these yet?

I talked to the shop 10 minutes ago and I told him "as soon as I post pictures, I will be asked about price". With that being said, he said he would get back to me this afternoon. He has to get the cycle times and material cost calculated. Our solid billet stock is $69.99 and this one will be much lower. Same solid design but just less expensive to manufactuer.

Scott

Interesting. I just got your billet stock and it is SICK! its a beast at 13.1 oz, and I'm sure I would have no problems bashing in a zombie's face.

random question, do you have any plans for a DPH foreend? I'm really undecided with the market's selection, mainly because I'm looking for something as light as possible and short - like doesn't pass the gas block.

Scott, just a few questions/suggestions. Some of the Galil stocks I've taken apart have a solid insert wher the stock interfaces with the knuckle (flange in your case) to give it extra support. And if it doesn't already, make it so it accepts the ACE pad. Just to be a pain in the ass, the early Galil upper tube has a black deron cover and spacer but your design looks nice.

Interesting. I just got your billet stock and it is SICK! its a beast at 13.1 oz, and I'm sure I would have no problems bashing in a zombie's face.

random question, do you have any plans for a DPH foreend? I'm really undecided with the market's selection, mainly because I'm looking for something as light as possible and short - like doesn't pass the gas block.

Yes we have a couple forends on the drawing boards. There are several items in front of it so it will be a while before we get to them.

Scott, just a few questions/suggestions. Some of the Galil stocks I've taken apart have a solid insert wher the stock interfaces with the knuckle (flange in your case) to give it extra support. And if it doesn't already, make it so it accepts the ACE pad. Just to be a pain in the ass, the early Galil upper tube has a black deron cover and spacer but your design looks nice.

Not following you on the "flange" part.....help me out there. As for Ace pads.....yes it will accept them.

Scott

If you look at the half of the stock knuckle on a IMI Galil stock that interfaces with the stock tubes, where the tube slides into the knuckle and is pinned in place on some Galil stocks they reinforce the tube by putting round stock inside that's a few inches long. I refered to the part that would be half of the knuckle on a Galil stock as a flange on yours as a ACE (or other) folding mechanism would be bolted to it, whereas on a Galil stock the knuckle is integral to the locking mechanism. I've taken a few apart on IMI stocks to replace/restore worn upper tube covers or shorten the tubes to fit my personal preference for LOP. It just gives a bit more rigidity where the tubes terminate. BTW-your stock looks very nice.

post-1866-0-07162900-1337741921_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
  • Like 1

Is there an existing cheek rest that will fit this?

By the time I add a pict rail, scope rings, and red dot, everything is so high that once I line up, my cheek is practically floating in the air.

We have 2 cheek rests that will fit the new Galil stock.

http://store.carolin...il?sfs=26e1ad51

http://store.carolin...il?sfs=26e1ad51

Nothing plastic on ours. The top tube is solid aluminum and the bottom one is a hollow tube. The shop is running them in the next couple weeks. They will be 8 1/2 inches long and drilled to accept the Ace butt pads.

scott