Hammer pin won't budge!

I'm trying to switch out the stock hammer for a tapco hammer. The pin holding it in place will not budge even the slightest bit.

Am I missing something? doing it wrong? I already broke the pin punch that came with the saiga kit.

I have not taken out the stock trigger.

any tips to get that little guy out of there?

I am not sure how the tapco hammer will function in a stock gun and the retaining wire will be different than the one pictured above, but for example on the one pictured above, if you pushed the wire down by the hammer pin, you could remove that pin without having to remove the whole wire. I would highly recommend converting your rifle.

No, I didn't drill anything out. I don't want to screw anything up and I'd like to be able to switch the stocks out... plus my tool selection is limited.

I figured i'll take the easy route for 922r, tapco says t6 with grip is 1, usa handguard is 1, usa mags is 3, tapco hammer is another 1 so i'll be clear.

No, I didn't drill anything out. I don't want to screw anything up and I'd like to be able to switch the stocks out... plus my tool selection is limited.

I figured i'll take the easy route for 922r, tapco says t6 with grip is 1, usa handguard is 1, usa mags is 3, tapco hammer is another 1 so i'll be clear.

You're compliant without swapping out the hammer. Install the hammer when you convert it. Edited by Jetmech