I know everyone poo's on Tapco products and in alot of cases it is justified BUT with a bullet guide installed Tapco Galil mags have run flawlessly in my .223 for several hundred rounds. These don't have to be modified. Might as well try one as they're only like $14. I think the used steel Galil mags from CTD are around $30.

I haven't tried anything else in mine because the cheapest option worked the first time around.

...what kind of mags can I get which require no modification

or anything but are still reliable...

Saiga OEM (if no modifications whatsoever, and that includes rifle).

They don't require bullet guide.

Next best IMO is SGM, which might require minor filing at mag catch.

I know everyone poo's on Tapco products and in alot of cases it is justified BUT with a bullet guide installed Tapco Galil mags have run flawlessly in my .223 for several hundred rounds. These don't have to be modified. Might as well try one as they're only like $14. I think the used steel Galil mags from CTD are around $30.

I haven't tried anything else in mine because the cheapest option worked the first time around.

While these locked up OK in my rifle, they had what I consider to be excessive wobble and this was unacceptable to me. My comments for what they are worth.

I use SGM mags in mine. They are rock solid in there. They seem to be "hit or miss" with the latch fit. All of mine fit, but one of them required a few strokes with a med file to snap the catch in properly. The others seem to be tight, but will snap the latch (you want to hear that "click") with a decent nudge.

Do they have a lot of wobble when you use them? I'v e tried the plastic tapco galil mags in mine (converted saiga) and they have a tremendous amount of wobble to them-- and while I havent had feeding problems, I have had issues with non-firing rounds because the firing pin doesnt impact the primer hard enough, and leaves a weak impression.

Do they have a lot of wobble when you use them? I'v e tried the plastic tapco galil mags in mine (converted saiga) and they have a tremendous amount of wobble to them-- and while I havent had feeding problems, I have had issues with non-firing rounds because the firing pin doesnt impact the primer hard enough, and leaves a weak impression.

Sorry, that's aimed at the post a few about mentioning the plastic, not steel galil mags. apologies