I always hesitate to voluntarily walk into a thorny thicket of legal issues, legalize etc. but after reading about this at the link above this is what comes to mind;

restraint of trade
n. in anti-trust law, any activity (including agreements among competitors or companies doing business with each other) which tends to limit trade, sales and transportation in interstate commerce or has a substantial impact on interstate commerce. Most of these actions are illegal under the various anti-trust statutes. Some state laws also outlaw local restraints on competitive business activity.

This seems to have more to do with the "Google Shopping" service than general search results. This would effect small businesses and sellers of firearm related products.

An entity like Google will do what they wish until someone with deep enough pockets comes along to force them to stop.

Edited by Squishy

Google shopping yes, but web search still seems to kick back the same results. They probably did not want to appear to be selling firearms

Just as well. I tried google ad words for a month once.. Its extremely effective at giving all your profits to google. Regular google search is free and works well enough.

Just read this. What the fuck am I reading?

http://www.thefirear...sories-results/

Use a different search engine. Google is not the whole internet. Try a metasearch engine like "dogpile". Just some FYI information for inquiring mines that want to know:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/sometimes_google_isnt_enough_when_researching_deep_web.php

Edited by yakdung

Hotmail is also censoring my emails and sending them to the Junk folder. When I click not junk and open it in the inbox, the message "our smart filter detects suspicious content". They do this to Tea Party, firearms, conservative and Jewish conservative emails. Somtimes the message disappears and never gets to the inbox. This happens mostly to emails from Neveragainnow a conservative Jewish website which defends American values.

I started a thread about this a few weeks ago and others in this forum are experiencing the same thing. The bad part is that it isn't only Hotmail and Google doing this.

google shopping has long filtered out most firearms related phrases or clearly shows unlikely results, especially when comparing to just plaint google search. That is true even for storefronts designed to rank highly in google shopping, such as amazon.

If you know how to search by model numbers, you can come to similar results in a few minutes of comparison anyway.