Some questions about my converted Siaga

Today I went to the range to pop off some rounds again, and I've found some characteristics about my rifle that I'm not happy about.

1) The bolt. Whenever I fire a round, it sounds and feels as if the bolt is bashing into the back of the receiver cover. I swear, it feels like the thing is going to go right through it AND my face. Is this inherent in all AK platform rifles?

2) Slam fire or bump fire? I don't know which, but I keep getting unwanted double's about every other magazine.

3) Overly sensitive trigger. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd really love to have some resistance when I pull the trigger. The Tapco G2 trigger seems extremely touchy, and I never know where it's going to break. It irritates the hell out of me. Is there a cure for this, or is the G2 the trigger to have?

Thanks!

1. Yes. If you think it's excessive, check for bent rivets, but if you're not used to the AK platform, it may just be new to you.

2. Tapco had a recall on some G2s a while back for this issue.

3. They're all a pretty light pull.

Edited by W8lifter

I looked up info on the Tapco trigger safety notice, and you're correct. On some models made back in 2008, the disconnector spring hole was drilled too deep. I'm going to break down my rifle this afternoon to see if I've got one of these. Thanks for the heads up!

Pretty much.

I run the thin buffers on all of mine, and it does a good job of stopping those 'smash marks' on the rear trunnion. You could also try the extra strength recoil springs.

2/3: tapco is known to have some issues. You can make it work properly, or you can choose one of few other options out there.

Edited by Agent Lemon
  • 3 months later...

i notice the russian surplus is a lot "hotter" than standard brass style..mine beats the ever living shit outta the rear end so i got a extra power spring and a buffer..is it true that the recoil buffer can cause bent rivets? that really doesnt make sense to me since the rubber buffer acts as a shock absorber.