Muzzke brake options

So I found this 46pc threading kit my dad would use once in a while. Naturally I got excited too early knowing I won't have to buy a threading kit for the .223. Of course to my surprise it's in SAE sizing, not metric. Oh well I thought I could probably just buy a 14x1mm die/tat and use the handle in the kit. Found numerous vendors with the proper measurement but alas they're all round dies, my handle is for 1" hex dies.

*sigh* just a thought, are there any muzzle brake options using the SAE sizing?

---

Also there anyone that sells 14x1mm tat and 1" hex die? After almost half-hour searching the interwebz I found that every size is available except for 14x1mm.

Edited by silentmercenary

You are probably better off just getting a new holder and the round adjustable threading die.

$19.95 for the handle and $39.95 for the die from Caroliba Shooters Supply. You can get a 5% discount with the code "CSS".

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-TAPS%2C-DIES%2C--SPARE-PARTS/Categories

What type of brake do you want? Unless there is a specific 14x1LH brake you desire, it's almost easier to just cut off the factory FSB and install a 24mm FSB. You don't need a press to do it. 24mm options are a bit limited, but IMO an authentic AK-74 brake is pretty hard to beat.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...