New Saiga 12 improvements

Team,

I have been reading and studying on my new gun and I was wonderign i there is any sort of reccomended service items and things to do to it right away. Maybe even some help on which upgrades yield the best in results. I ask because I got a reccomendation when I got my glock to tear it down to triggers and polish the contact points. This made a huge difference. Just lookign for Similar Saiga things.

Thanks

If it works, great, if not: Reliability Mods vs. "Break In" vs. "Quick Fixes" - Page 3 - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

Don't buy stuff unless you need it, and don't waste money "breaking in".

Go through the picture thread and look at all the guns. (don't post questions there) make a list of everything you want. Then use the gun a while before you buy any. Ask yourself whether you want something for function or just because it is cool. since shotguns are about fast fluid motion, keeping weight down is a primary aspect of what makes it good. Then buy everything once. Gradual uprgrades are generally way more expensive, and no one will pay you much for the parts you get tired of. A decent conversion can be done for about a hundred over the cost of the gun, if you are willing to keep it simple and reuse your trigger guard. convenience and flash cost extra. Again, buy what you want to end up with the first time. If you want rails, go for plastic or Chaos. Most of the other ones are similarly priced and very heavy. Consider what you want on the rails, and just bolting on rails to the factory guards where you want them, instead of buying a bunch of heavy stuff. Odds are you will take off all that stuff anyway.

This is a gallery of my second build, which is classy IMO and done on a tight budget. I link it not to brag, but because it has a shopping list at the top and gives you an idea of what an average person can do with a bit of careful shopping and simple tools. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/album/820-build-2-iz-108/

If it works, great, if not: Reliability Mods vs. "Break In" vs. "Quick Fixes" - Page 3 - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

Don't buy stuff unless you need it, and don't waste money "breaking in".

Go through the picture thread and look at all the guns. (don't post questions there) make a list of everything you want. Then use the gun a while before you buy any. Ask yourself whether you want something for function or just because it is cool. since shotguns are about fast fluid motion, keeping weight down is a primary aspect of what makes it good. Then buy everything once. Gradual uprgrades are generally way more expensive, and no one will pay you much for the parts you get tired of. A decent conversion can be done for about a hundred over the cost of the gun, if you are willing to keep it simple and reuse your trigger guard. convenience and flash cost extra. Again, buy what you want to end up with the first time. If you want rails, go for plastic or Chaos. Most of the other ones are similarly priced and very heavy. Consider what you want on the rails, and just bolting on rails to the factory guards where you want them, instead of buying a bunch of heavy stuff. Odds are you will take off all that stuff anyway.

This is a gallery of my second build, which is classy IMO and done on a tight budget. I link it not to brag, but because it has a shopping list at the top and gives you an idea of what an average person can do with a bit of careful shopping and simple tools. http://forum.saiga-1...build-2-iz-108/

Thanks for the advise. This is what I had in mind when I was thinking "mods." I really just wanted to see if there were any inexpensive ie labor only type things to make the gun better. I like it as is and with some break in I think It will be a fine shooter. Thanks

Don't expect it to "wear in" any more than that. You already have whatever benefit breaking in the spring would be.

If it isn't already 100% with baseline ammo (1200+ FPS 1 1/8 oz shot 3dram or more) then you need some more work, either gas or reprofile of the bolt or a bit of each. Or you can resign to just shooting heavier ammo. A freind of mine only buys 3 1/4 dram ammo for blasting away at clay and is happy with that.