How far are you pushing your x39 Saigas?

Well, eyes are shot to shit, so can't use red dot sights anymore. I decided to go with a good optic, and found this one. NcStar 2-6x30mm Courage Series with rangefinder reticule. Dropped $40, waited a week, and installed it on my Belarus mount. It is a true 6x, and I can use it as a reflex sight on 2x. Bud is going to mill the rings a shade so I can use the irons as well. My Belarus sits low enough the sights are usable in a pinch until I can rip the mount off. Friend at work has one on his AR, and it has survived all the abuse he has dished out on it.

Now comes the good question. I know the x39 round is worthless past 200 yds in most cases. I have pushed the Yugo M67 to 250yds out of my old SKS with 20" barrel, but those are hot loads to begin with. Winchester Super-X and Remington Core-lok(my preferred deer slayers) was good to about 225yds out of that monster as well. Silver Bear 125gr SP would tap 200, but suffered past that. How far have you pushed the 16" Saiga with a good optic? Local "pay as you go" range has 200 yd bays, so this would be my maximum distance.

before i sold mine, i pushed mine to around 250 yds. the groups opened up a bit more, but i was still able to score hits on a man sized target with irons. but like stated, the trajectory started to show. id say with decent optics you should shoot pretty damn good.

100yds is the most I shoot my Saiga....range limits. Hunting in my neck of the woods is around that anyway. I am also not saying it is not capable beyond that distance, I just have little use of the rifle beyond that distance!

Also I have a POSP scope 4x for my Saiga that works very well.