dear purists: my wife says " say-guhs" are 4 letter words!

My wife and I have been happily married for 20 yrs now. I earn the money. She works at our church preschool because she wants to, not because she has to. My recent passion with firearms ( addiction if I am honest ) has cause several heated discussions. I may have to surrender MY man card, but when I married her, I gave up "Me" for "Us", so I do respect her concerns and her complaints. I still buy alot of guns and ammunition, but I don't buy everything I want.

For those of you that have wives that love to shoot or buy guns for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc., appreciate them. Mine doesn't do any of those things, but I have a faithful beautiful woman, and that to me is worth a thousand safes full of guns.

A day will come when I can no longer enjoy this passion. I will not look back on my life wishing I would have.... because I most definitely did ;)

One life, people.... enjoy it.

• Like 3

Three words- Separate checking accounts.

ya, no, ya, nooooo, ya-no...

in the words of dave ramsey, either youre in it or youre not...

to explain my man card back into my wallet, i dont make enough to cover the bills, and we are relying on student loan money to take us to the point she is finally makin money. so, it was mostly her money that i bought it with...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, Salty

We're all just f'n with ya (most of us anyway). And a lot of us, whether we admit it (or not),are in the same boat as you.

I, for one, am genuinely happy for ya and anyone else that can score a new weapon!

Cheers!

hahah good times. ya... she let me buy a upper off midway today because she finally thought about what i was explaining to her earlier in the day...

i think selling a saiga or 2 got our down payment on the house, so, if she would just think for 2 seconds on what i am saying, and look at the past, she would be ok with it, but ya know how women are...