chrome lined barrel or not ?

I am about to buy a barrel for my AK build and was wondering if hands down I should buy a chrome lined barrel or get one that isn't and save 30$ . I always hear chrome lined is better but I don't know exactly why.I have a mini 14 that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel it shoots great I have put 2000 plus rounds through it and the rifling still look sharp someone educate me.pros and cons of both.

Simply spend the money, $30. is chump change for the peace of mind that chrome brings.

Chrome lining extends service life and makes for easier maintenance and increased corrosion resistance.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

Apex romy barrel, Nuff said

I have been looking at that barrel from apex and one from Atlantic bulgy chrome lined with the gas port already drilled.I have very little tools so I am trying to spread my budget between parts and tools.

I have been looking at that barrel from apex and one from Atlantic bulgy chrome lined with the gas port already drilled.I have very little tools so I am trying to spread my budget between parts and tools.

I am excited to build my own unregistered AK but now it is looking to cost more than just buying a new rifle.

I am excited to build my own unregistered AK but now it is looking to cost more than just buying a new rifle.

They kind of get that way building anything.

• Like 2

Chrome lining is slicker, so barrels are easier to clean and not prone to corrode. Non chome lined barrels are a little better for accuracy, but as Chile said, that's not really a concern with an AK, cuz it's not a sub MOA target rifle anyway.