I was on the road between Scottsdale and Pheonix about noon today.

Rolled up on this just after the person in the story and just before the cops. Poor bike rider must have gone all the way under the pickup. He never stood a chance. Pieces of bicycle and a shoe in middle of the lane. He was clear up off the road on the far side of the sidewalk.

There was a sheriff deputy within sight on the opposite side of the road with a motorcycle pulled over, after we got his attention he said he did't see or hear a thing.

I've been hearing about hit and run's all summer where I live...... WTF is wrong with these dipshits ?

When you fuck up own up !!!!

abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/fountain_hills/fd-bicyclist-killed-hit-by-vehicle-in-fountain-hills

It sucks man I hope they catch the bastards. My father lost a leg as a result of a hit and run motorcycle accident about ten years ago, they caught the lady because she was riding around with half my dads foot on her drivers side front wheel. She had been taking a medicine you are not suppose to drive on since it makes you pass out randomnly.

Here in Oregon you can basically kill a bicyclist with a car and get away with it -- blows me away and pisses me off to no end. Nobody goes to jail for murder, the most I see people get is "manslaughter" -- it ain't right. Human life is human life.

just goes to show you, you could spend your whole life, going to school, helping people, doing things right, being a good person, and then some fuck is gonna take you out on the highway for kicks while your on your Sunday bike ride enjoying life. amazing anim_doh.gif

prayers go out to the victims family. what a waste. that was just pointless.

the hit-and-run driver was caught/

http://www.abc15.com...-fountain-hills

I don' know about anyone else, but I sure wouldn't be peddling down a highway on a bike. for someone who had a ton of education, he sure didn't have a lick of sense.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Here in Oregon you can basically kill a bicyclist with a car and get away with it -- blows me away and pisses me off to no end. Nobody goes to jail for murder, the most I see people get is "manslaughter" -- it ain't right. Human life is human life.

Yeah I live in Oregon too.

There has been a huge rash of hit and run shit around here.

You gotta take into account if a bike rider runs a red or zips right out in front of you where do you place negligence.

It's the hit and run chicken shit coward that fries my ass.

This guy was involved in some big bicycle event and apparently in the bike lane, straight stretch of road, clear sunny day. No excuse.

the hit-and-run driver was caught/

http://www.abc15.com...-fountain-hills

I don' know about anyone else, but I sure wouldn't be peddling down a highway on a bike. for someone who had a ton of education, he sure didn't have a lick of sense.

Thats the same link I put at the top. From what I could see the good Doctor was in the bike lane which is well marked. I did't see any skid marks on the road . Looks like the driver just wasn't even paying attention.

All speculation of course.