Rear Handguard Secure Plate Removal

I have to ask. Received one of the T&N forends but have a problem. How do you take off the rear handguard secure plate so that the forend sits flush with the receiver? I'm looking and it looks like there's gobs of adhesive keeping the plate and opertaional rod in place and preventing any sort of simple removal. I need to get part 13 off in this diagram... Help!

Akdal_MKA_1919_097_tn.JPG

I JUST posted a how to video on our site , here it is

WARNING , I'm no TV starbad_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8s-4QAqBQ , The ones we've seen so far had very little to none, mostly just seemed as it was the paint/finish holding it on , they were easy to pop off.

Anybody else have one with lots of glue?

Wow. Getting to about the 2:10 mark and mine is definitely not hand tight. I've barely gotten the guard plate loosened enough with some banging from a mallet with a pry and select adding of acetone (which I was reluctant to use and will have to refinish this sucker...). I wish I knew why the guide rod on this one has all the adhesive that is causing me so much grief. Thanks for the fast response!

Right or wrong I tried to use a strap wrench like I use on AR free-float handguards, but didn't have one small enough. So I grabbed it with a pair of visegrips (being careful not to crush the tube) and it screwed right off - no problems.

JG

Hope , I didn't give the wrong impression , they are pretty tight , we use a padded vise and pad the jaws on a pair of vise grips , to loosen.

We just had the one one the video hand tight , because it's been off and on about 20-30 times.

The rod is solid 80% of the way down , just a hole bored in the end .

Right or wrong I tried to use a strap wrench like I use on AR free-float handguards, but didn't have one small enough. So I grabbed it with a pair of visegrips (being careful not to crush the tube) and it screwed right off - no problems.

JG

Scratched it a bit near the base, but relented and used some vice grips directly (no buffer like leather, etc.). Sucker finally came off! Thanks everyone for the help!

both of mine had a considerable amount of locktite on them, but they apparantly didn't clean the oil out of there holes first.

i got both of them off by hand. to be fair i do have a considerable amount of grip strength though.

one screwed right out, the other turned about 1/4 turn and stopped back and forth a few times and she came out.