• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for everyone chiming in so far and I want to say that I understand if you give me advice based on your own experience I take that advice at my own risk. My results may be different and if I mi

I'm glad you took my comments in the spirit in which they were meant. While I am and have always been proud to have grown up in the South and to call it home I've been fortunate enough to have travel

good advice there. i use green dot too. its good cheap stuff.     for the most part this is what i do. i find load data for the type of hull i am using and load it with the amount of powder t

Posted Images

Im wanting the sabot lyman mold I think I would rather save up a little than get someting that im not going to be happy with. What size round ball would be used to make bolo rounds. I want to try and make some.

Lyman and Lee make .690 Dia Round Ball Slug Molds, that can be used for 12 Ga reloading, the only difference is the price and quality.

http://youtu.be/XrGZ2M74Qfk

Im wanting the sabot lyman mold I think I would rather save up a little than get someting that im not going to be happy with. What size round ball would be used to make bolo rounds. I want to try and make some.

Lyman and Lee make .690 Dia Round Ball Slug Molds, that can be used for 12 Ga reloading, the only difference is the price and quality.

http://youtu.be/XrGZ2M74Qfk

im thinking of 2 round balls conected by a cable or wire.

With a new, uncrimped hull what considerations are there with regard to choosing a 6 segment or 8 segment crimp? Did some research and I'm not seeing a clear answer....of course if it's been loaded before there's no choice. Would one work better for smaller shot and the other better for slugs?

I don't know, but it strikes me as significant that pretty much every one of the premium hulls that reloaders prefer come with an 8 fold crimp: AA, STS, Gold Medal. It seems like the only shells I see commonly with a 6 fold are the high brass 3" shells that have fairly tough hulls.

This is for slugs so crimping is not the norm. I have the old style "hand" roll crimper, I need to go ahead and get one of the better units for the drill press. I guess it doesn't really matter in this instance, I haven't reloaded new hulls before so the choice was always already made.