vepr 12 and poly choke II

Some people on other forums have also reported using the S12 poly chokes. I dont see it being an issue unless you put hardened slugs down the barrel. But I cant even speak for that. Just a guess.

I got a poly choke for mine. I will post if I have an issue, but I dont see that being the case.

Yes, Vepr-12 ID = 18.5 mm, Saiga-12-030 ID = 18.3 mm, but Vepr-12 OD = Saiga-12-030 OD, so railed Saiga-12-030 FSB fits Vepr-12 and vice versa (confirmed by Chef Constructor of Molot).

The differences in ID of Vepr/Saiga is not good, IMHO, when you use Saiga-12 muzzle attachments on Vepr-12, inside of the end of the barrel there is a small barrier 0.1 mm radius.

This is what I saw about it, but since you guys didn't see any issues I'm ordering one.

now that i have seen the specs on paper i dont think that .2mm is going to make that much of a difference, i cant even tell looking at both barrels they just seem the same and the thread pitch is the same the poly choke just screwed right on with no issues. was going to the range today to test but other things came up so i have to wait for another day.

Edited by plattner01

ah so you can use the choke with slugs ok , always have been afraid of trying it.amazing.gif

I would not go tighter than Improved Cylinder, and I was getting great groups last weekend with it wide open - according to the settings, that was supposed to be "Reverse #2". I have a Remington 20 ga. with a smooth slug barrel that shoots well, and it is choked Improved Cylinder.

Edited by 7.62m43

ah so you can use the choke with slugs ok , always have been afraid of trying it.amazing.gif

You will get best results if you leave the choke wide open. But it is common for people to use up to imp cyl and imp mod. I choose not to because it can cause some deforming in the slug.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread. Took my VEPR 12 this weekend and used my PolyChoke II Flash. Groups are indeed tighter. Shooting slugs at 50 yards produced a nice 3 inch pattern (open xtra full). However, I noticed my POI shifted dramatically about a good 3-4 inches left from it's original POI with the CSS GK-01 clone. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Sorry to revive this old thread. Took my VEPR 12 this weekend and used my PolyChoke II Flash. Groups are indeed tighter. Shooting slugs at 50 yards produced a nice 3 inch pattern (open xtra full). However, I noticed my POI shifted dramatically about a good 3-4 inches left from it's original POI with the CSS GK-01 clone. I'm not sure what's causing it.

I just mention that the barrel damage or injury/death during firing using improper muzzle attacment is not a warranty issue, firing slugs or mugnum/semi-magnum bugshot with S12 on V12 is like playing Russian Roulet - Good Luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...