VEPR 12 #1 arrived

;)

Kicks like a mule and ran great. Looked great doing it too.

Did you get the crap wooden stock? No. How did you like it? lol It is nice, but there is room for improvement. My S12s blow it away.

Mine tore me up. I know exactly why.

How many rounds did you run through it? 100 Win Universal 7.5, 25 Federal Multi-purpose 7.5, 10 Win 3" 00 Buck

How do you think recoil compares to Saiga 12? A fitting phrase is "WTF?".... punishing. Felt almost like a pump action.

Any FTF FTE? 2 with Win universal, but new shooter was shooting it. None with me.

Did you put cheap bulk through it? If so how far was it ejecting? 1 o'clock.... straight into the camera about 5 feet away

Was your dust cover rail straight? Close enough

• Like 1

What stock did you get on it?

Tapco, but whatever. I have some triangle folders.

evl

Did you put your GK01 on it?

The GK-01 is inference fit, pinned, and welded on my 3G MAG12 rig. I am going to have to buy another one. I doubt it matters much though.

• Like 1

My vepr12 has been at cabellas since 945 this morning but they wont give it to me because they havent "processed it"

Next time im going to the independent ffl

Wow....it takes all of 5 minutes for them to log it into their books. Not like the Cabelas I know to have such crap customer service. But then again ive never had a firearm shipped to one.

GL hope you get it soon.

My vepr12 has been at cabellas since 945 this morning but they wont give it to me because they havent "processed it"

Next time im going to the independent ffl

Wow....it takes all of 5 minutes for them to log it into their books. Not like the Cabelas I know to have such crap customer service. But then again ive never had a firearm shipped to one.

GL hope you get it soon.

I shipped it to them because they were the closest to me. Ill drive the extra ten miles next time.

I didn't even know Cabelas would do transfers like that.

Anyway, lesson learned - it's hard to blame Cabelas as they have a process they need to follow, there are likely only a few folks that can log in/out of their bound book and they are a big box store so they have alot of things going on including massive shipments - your gun could be buried in a massive truck or in a huge shipment sitting on a dock that all needs to be sorted. It may not be practical to dig through that to find one piece upon request.

Look for a local FFL using gunbroker, etc... there are ones that will do it for 20 bucks. Took me a while but I found a nice old guy that is retired, calls me as soon as the truck shows up and is a pleasure to deal with. 20 bucks. I fix his computer every so often and now he won't take my money.

The great thing about big companies like this is that you can ask them for the corporate number and they will usually snap to attention because the do not want to lose their job or get their ass chewed. Fear can be a very useful tool....

• Like 1

The recoil thing is very disappointing I guess saigas are still in the game for those of us who don't love pain. Having a gas system that can cycle weak stuff and function with 3" without changing settings is a big selling point to me. However if the way of dealing with 3" is to just make a broad tolerance system that is equivalent to running 3" on setting 2 with a saiga, I'll stick to autoplug + buffer and call that good.

I wonder if these are getting beat up with the 3" stuff. Any signs of that?

The recoil thing is very disappointing I guess saigas are still in the game for those of us who don't love pain. Having a gas system that can cycle weak stuff and function with 3" without changing settings is a big selling point to me. However if the way of dealing with 3" is to just make a broad tolerance system that is equivalent to running 3" on setting 2 with a saiga, I'll stick to autoplug + buffer and call that good.

I wonder if these are getting beat up with the 3" stuff. Any signs of that?

May be why the Russians change back to the adjustable system on their 3 gun Veprs. Dampen recoil to stay on target

• Like 1

I will tame it.... one way or another, and it will still cycle whatever I want to use. The worse these things are, the more I can offer the platform. I am happy about some of these shortcomings because working on this stuff is about 75% of the fun, to me.

• Like 1