My saiga, and both my S&W M&Ps eat that shit up, but my BCM doesn't like it. One mag was jam after jam (and yes I tried diff mags, but still had problems). But the BCM ran fine w lake city 5.56. I understand why a total mil-spec gun wouldn't run underpowered ammo, but still kind of bumbed esp since you can find PMC .223 no problem but the Lake City is hard to find.

I've read that the PMC is under powered. Anyone esle have issues with it?

Edited by mizombiekilla

I just ran across this on another forum:

"It's because PMC ammo generates about as much gas pressure as a kitten fart. My gun won't feed it either. Bolt does not cycle far enough to clear the rim of the next case in the mag., won't strip it out and into the chamber. If you can't find your preferred ammo, maybe reload? Any min. charge I've tried so far has had more "oomph" than PMC and all have worked without issues. Max loads will make PMC.223 feel like 22LR."

• Like 1

It's only got about 400 rounds of Federal 5.56 (flawless) through it, so it could use some more breaking in. As far as the spring, it's got the mil spec carbine buffer assembly from BCM.

Edited by mizombiekilla

It's only got about 400 rounds of Federal 5.56 (flawless) through it, so it could use some more breaking in. As far as the spring, it's got the mil spec carbine buffer assembly from BCM.

Is yours a mid length, carbine length, or a rifle length gas setup??

So its not an H2... hmm.. (just realized another had posted earier and I thought it was you..)

Its possible your gas port in the barrel is small but I doubt it..

Try looking for PMC XTAC ammo.. its got more oomph and is 5.56 spec'd.

Palmetto Armory has it for like $7/box..

• Like 1

Is yours a mid length, carbine length, or a rifle length gas setup??

So its not an H2... hmm.. (just realized another had posted earier and I thought it was you..)

Its possible your gas port in the barrel is small but I doubt it..

Try looking for PMC XTAC ammo.. its got more oomph and is 5.56 spec'd.

Palmetto Armory has it for like $7/box..

Thanks. Mid length. I prob need to break it in w more 5.56 and will check out the XTC

• 3 weeks later...

OK, tried out the pmc X-tac and a few others...same problem. Mags are OK. I tried 3 and had another AR that they were flawless in. Gas key looks fine, well staked. Next step, trying a different (lighter) buffer and spring. If that's not it, then swapping out a BCG...just another excuse to go back to the range another day.

OK, tried out the pmc X-tac and a few others...same problem. Mags are OK. I tried 3 and had another AR that they were flawless in. Gas key looks fine, well staked. Next step, trying a different (lighter) buffer and spring. If that's not it, then swapping out a BCG...just an excuse to go back to the range another day.