New OLD Siaga 12

I actually prefer the older ones. Look on the left side of the receiver at the stamped markings. There is one shaped like an oval. the last two digits of the year of MFG are stamped there. Also the 1st two digits of the serial...

Same as any other. Easy. At that age, it may not have the BHO or cut out for one.

This is an optional part and would require a small slot to be made if you want one. That is the only thing of consequence you will find to be different.

in the alternative, you can do without, or cut a notch into your safety similar to how Krebs does theirs.

topmaul see's the (F 1,0) fixed full choke? That was the first thing I picked out. I was actually thinking about hunting one down. A full view would have been nice, but my guess from the markings is a 22" non threaded fixed full choke barrel with no bho. Back in the day it was sold in the $220 range, those days are gone.

• Like 1

I have one of those mine 22 inch barrel just like 6500 RPM said. I did have the barrel threaded the gun is now fitted with a mag well and folding stock.

F 1.0 is fixed full choke maybe a little more than full, The manual bolt hold came later.

It would be nice to find one that is new in the box condition never fired.

Gonna start the conversion tonight. I bought the G2 trigger and going to modify myself to save $30. I have trigger guard and axis pin plate comming from CSS. As for a stock, I have no clue yet. I going to use a wood AK stock for now till I decide. Still also debating over barrel, cut and thread or leave as is.

The choice is yours, but the fixed full choke guns are fairly uncommon. If anything I might thread externally for a hider/brake. If you do cut the barrel back and have issues with cycling (if this is a 22" barrel), take a look at the gas ports. The first I had came with 3 small ports which might be a bit restrictive on a 18" barrel.

Just got back from range an lunch. The saiga ran perfect (stock puck and gas plug), it ate everything I fed it. 50 rounds of federal #6, 50 rounds of Winchester #6, 25 of Remington #4 and 30 rounds of misc cheap shit bulk box #7 1/2 from Walmart. I won't be able to lift right arm in morning but had a blast! Now on to the conversion.

7eb27620eb534805aaecbe0.jpg

Edited by Nemo61066