No more Saiga s coming from Russia

I recently heard that there will be no more Saiga shipments from Russia for at least another year and that they are dealing with Chapter 11 issues which include downsizing their workforce and production of the Saigas. They will be concentrating more on servicing their local markets needs. And with this ban possibly coming soon and the UN small arms treaty still unresolved does this actually mean we have seen the last of the legal Russian Saiga s and will now go the way of the Chinese Ak s .It looks almost like the perfect storm is on the way

I recently heard that there will be no more Saiga shipments from Russia for at least another year and that they are dealing with Chapter 11 issues which include downsizing their workforce and production of the Saigas. They will be concentrating more on servicing their local markets needs. And with this ban possibly coming soon and the UN small arms treaty still unresolved does this actually mean we have seen the last of the legal Russian Saiga s and will now go the way of the Chinese Ak s .It looks almost like the perfect storm is on the way

Let me guess, a dealer told you this and they had one bone stock IZ132 for $699 or more?

• Like 2

Ishmash was having money problems,from what I understand and I'm sure there are folks out there in the AK community that have more info on this than I do,that they are partnering with another manufacturer and re-tooling their operation to run more efficiently.

The AWB 2013 will have a major impact on future sales of such rifles in this country. I am happy I purchased a couple of Saiga's a few months ago before all this crap started.

The Ar's are being bought up along with 5.56 ammo way more and way faster than the ak platform.

Probably because you only need to spend $50-$100 to 'own' an AR, the receiver at least. Build the rest at your financial leisure. If you're worried about a ban, buy one complete gun, use the parts to build your receivers, and keep a record book. BAM lots of pre-ban receivers.

They really are Man Legos. Though I have more fun with my kids real Legos honestly.

The Ar's are being bought up along with 5.56 ammo way more and way faster than the ak platform.

Probably because you only need to spend $50-$100 to 'own' an AR, the receiver at least. Build the rest at your financial leisure. If you're worried about a ban, buy one complete gun, use the parts to build your receivers, and keep a record book. BAM lots of pre-ban receivers.

They really are Man Legos. Though I have more fun with my kids real Legos honestly.

Funny, but the day after Christmas my daughter and I were in the floor of our living room playing with our presents.....she had lego land stuff, I had a stripped lower. I agree with buying stripped lowers if you are worried about a ban.

The real fear I have is that Obama will Exec Order out the importation of Russian ammo and guns (Saigas). That would really suck. I think we are several months and maybe a year away from $200 cases of 7.62 ammo, but to completely ban importation of Rusky bullets would really hurt. I am sure most people on here have quite a stock of ammo, but I need to feed my ammo hoarding tendencies every now and then.

Like someone else mentioned, I do not buy the "Saiga is going out of business, last ones ever, buy now for 5 times what they are worth" bullcrap. Bare bone saigas are selling for fully converted KVAR prices right now. However, I do buy the possibility of Obama putting an end to Russian imports. Sort of like Clinton did with China. Thoughts?