Magazine consolidation (V12-S12)

So, after owning the Vepr 12 now and really liking the magwell vs rock n lock of my S12, i think i'm going to sell all my rock n lock mags to fund a magwell project on my S12.

Do any V12 owners also own an S12 with a magwell? If so, do your V12 mags work in the S12 magwell and vise versa? What magwell do you have on your S12?

Edited by Mullet Man

You could probably mod the rock n' locks to work in a magwell. Some have reported that the factory 5s will work without modification at least in the V12. The factory 8s would need to be filed.

If you have any factory 8 round rock n' locks you'd like to liquidate, let me know. smile.png

Edited by physicsnerd

Similar to your thinking, I bought a Saiga 030 and 040 with magwell's to have compatibility with my V12. All will use the same mags...Molot magwell mags, Izzy magwell mags, or SGM "Vepr" mags. I loaded up on something like10 factory magwell mags and eight SGM "Vepr" mags, so I'm set.

I still have two SBS S12 guns without magwell's. So, I can't sell all my rock-n-lock mags. I am sitting on a gold mine of those mags :-)

I'm looking at the SGM magwell for my S12. Modding all my AGP mags for the magwell picking up more V12 SGM mags and selling an assortment of 9 S12 OE rock n lock mags and drums.

I like the compatibility/commonality, like an AK.

Anyone have an S12, with a magwell other then the Izhmash magwell that can confirm that V12 and S12 mags will interchange?

Anyone have an S12, with a magwell other then the Izhmash magwell that can confirm that V12 and S12 mags will interchange?

I have the same question. I'm considering installing a molot magwell as long as they work with my SGM 030 magazines & Izhmash factory 8's. Anyone run this combination?

Seems like a popular question. It's being asked here in SGM's forum as well... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83692-interchangeability-of-vepr-12-and-saiga-12-030-magazines/

Albeit I'm rather confused. Whenever I visit a distributor's website I always see listing for SGM 030 magazines or SGM Vepr mags. What gives? Shouldn't they simply be labeled to work in both?

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 1
So, after owning the Vepr 12 now and really liking the magwell vs rock n lock of my S12, i think i'm going to sell all my rock n lock mags to fund a magwell project on my S12.

Do any V12 owners also own an S12 with a magwell? If so, do your V12 mags work in the S12 magwell and vise versa? What magwell do you have on your S12?

I do,

no,

vise versa, yes,

had OEM magwell that came with the gun and saiga 8rounders work as well as sgm that css sells for 030. molot mag did not fit. I probably could have modded it but didnt want to. Now it has molot metal magwell and all is the same.

Vepr: izzy 8mags work in it with OEM magwell and require fitting for molot machined magwell. lock it extremely tight and do not drop out as of now. still working on that, no time.

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

I have one VEPR 12 in hand with factory 5-round mag and a 2nd rifle on the way with the same mag.

I'm really interested in purchasing more mags in 10-round or less capacity (10 preferred) and am willing to modify if necessary.

Are there any manufacturer's mags out there that will work with the stock VEPR magwell that are AVAILABLE for purchase anywhere?!?

I've been looking everywhere without success so far. I did place an order with an un-named vendor for "In Stock" mags and can't seem to get any response from them.

Sure would like to have more than 1 mag per rifle. If anyone knows of available mags from vendor or personal seller, please send them my way.

Thanks!

R&Rtarget.com has a magwell they use for competition with the Saiga=12 . I called them to ask and they said it was 185 could be added by local Gunsmith but you should call them and work out the details . I did ask them if the bolt had to be worked on to lload a mag into a closed bolt they said no and works like inserting an AR mag no rock and lock but downside is you cannot use your drums with it!