can't get my gun to run consistant anymore :(

I had it running 100% with just about anything, had a few things to adjust between light and heavy loads, but no big.

got it polished and got a lot of the nasty roughness out of the guide rod and it ran even smoother with less and less feed issues.

I started to have some run issues shortly after my handguard install. blue loctite wasn't holding, so I cleaned the threads and red loctited it. now it seems even that isn't holding, the threads on the op rod are fine as well as the reciever. I finally had to clean up the ramp like Jim and others instructed me on, that helped, but still the gun just doesn't want to run like it used to.

The last 4 times I've taken it out have been let downs. I started checking my mags to make sure they are not bending/wearing as some have reported, they are 100% inspected each hull fired and compared it to just about ever single one the gun has fired, which took quite a while, nothing obvious to note.

I'm kind of stumped, if I wasn't out of work right now I would just send her in to Jim and let him have a go at it, but I'm kind of stuck with trying small tweaks and adjustments one at a time and going from there.

I wish I could, part of my decision to ptu the firebird handguard on was that it replaced the stock op rod, mine was messed up from the get go, weak threads on it, maybe I could get a replacement since it was flawed from the getgo and try it out.

I'm wondering if the mags are having an issue though, they appear fine, but the biggest of the issues is that a round is popping out of the mag and preventing ejection of a spent shell.

I wish I could, part of my decision to ptu the firebird handguard on was that it replaced the stock op rod, mine was messed up from the get go, weak threads on it, maybe I could get a replacement since it was flawed from the getgo and try it out.

I'm wondering if the mags are having an issue though, they appear fine, but the biggest of the issues is that a round is popping out of the mag and preventing ejection of a spent shell.

This sounds more like an extractor or ejector issue.

Call me, I am available right now

505-847-0108

Jim

what time could work tomorrow Jim?

I'm in a conference/job fair all day today, have some internet access, but can't really get on the phone, should be done around 7 pm est though

Call the number I gave above...Nanci will give you my cell#

I will be out most of the day, but wil take your call.

Jim