New Member Mka

Hey guys, I got my 1919 about 2 months ago. Just shoot at the range really. I ordered a tooth and nail stock adapter and a UTG stock.

Well I cut the stock this morning with a miter saw at about 2" first then again at .65". Squared everything up and perfect fit.

Also removed the sights and added a cheap red dot to try out. Since its primarily for home defense and indoor range gun I didn't feel the need for a high dollar red dot at the moment.

I've got the gas booster bushings and the 10 rd mag adapter on the way.

Next on the list will be a hand guard. Probably in feb or march.

I did have a little problem with 1 of my 10 round magazines not staying locked so I had to shave the hole a little. Works great now.

And some of my others

M&P 15-22

Fn fnar

Io ak

Mossberg 500

And some handguns.

This is probably my favorite to shoot.

CFF599D9-CA3F-4B00-9120-08E808619C2D-909

819B69AB-8467-423F-9AA1-3AB8C4A3FB94-909

looks good but it does not sound like you are 922r compliant. According to the batf there is 14 replaceable foreign parts assuming when you cut the buttstock off you used US made parts. Right now there is a few in production yoi could replace gas piston, handguards, trigger/dissconector set (2 parts), hammer, mag floor plate. If my memory serves me correct thats it. So as long as your buffer tube jam nut and stock are US made you need to repace 4 of those parts to have a colllapsable buttstock or high cap mags

i'm new to the 922r rules. i have tried to understand them...so

what are we allowed to replace on this shotgun to remain 922r compliant? just the forend? if we put on any stockk adapter from T&N, tromix, or whoever, then we are NOT in compliance?

I just picked mine up today and I would really love to replace the stock and forend.

If you want a collapsable stock or high cap mags you must be 922r compliant. Which is replacing 4 parts on the list from the batf. You can go to gunsummer reports scroll to the mka and he has a lot of detail about the gun and the list of 922 countable parts

• Like 1
Now your gun is illegal and the parts are not available. Good luck with that. Wouldn't be caught at the range with that. Or let anyone who knows where you live know about it as well.

really...? I dont think its a huge deal personaly. do you really think a cop is going to look to see how many US parts are on your gun? thats even if they know the law... the only way i can see someone getting popped for this is if they are already in trouble and the authorities want to add charges.

Im not saying you shouldnt make it compliant but i wouldnt really worry much until you can buy the parts.

Now your gun is illegal and the parts are not available. Good luck with that. Wouldn't be caught at the range with that. Or let anyone who knows where you live know about it as well.

really...? I dont think its a huge deal personaly. do you really think a cop is going to look to see how many US parts are on your gun? thats even if they know the law... the only way i can see someone getting popped for this is if they are already in trouble and the authorities want to add charges.

Im not saying you shouldnt make it compliant but i wouldnt really worry much until you can buy the parts.

Like I posted on another thread, while I DONT ENCOURAGE it, I asked our ATF investigator about it.

She said ,to my knowledge we HAVE NEVER charged anyone with a 922 violation , unless it was added to existing criminal charges.

I highly doubt anybody has had a random check done, has anyone?

In another life, I used to bounce at a club in a more affluent area that attracted a super ghetto crowd. The city hated it, so the cops started pulling people over for any reason they could - Tint, improper signalling, etc in an attempt to harass the patrons. I think less then 50% of the people use there turn signals here, and I have yet to see a cop use one, however the law is on the books and can be used at the cops discretion to pull people over.

With that said, Obama has stated recently that he wants to appoint one of his people to be the director of the ATF. I believe it is plausible that 922r compliance could be used to harass gun owners and to confiscate weapons that they can't currently do with current laws. No telling how aggressive they will be.

In another life, I used to bounce at a club in a more affluent area that attracted a super ghetto crowd. The city hated it, so the cops started pulling people over for any reason they could - Tint, improper signalling, etc in an attempt to harass the patrons. I think less then 50% of the people use there turn signals here, and I have yet to see a cop use one, however the law is on the books and can be used at the cops discretion to pull people over.

With that said, Obama has stated recently that he wants to appoint one of his people to be the director of the ATF. I believe it is plausible that 922r compliance could be used to harass gun owners and to confiscate weapons that they can't currently do with current laws. No telling how aggressive they will be.

I think that is a VERY good possibility.

Don't know where to list this so I'll just say it. I have the tromix trigger kit as well as the hammer and anti walk pins. Long story short a buddy decided to "Help" me when I went to go look at a dissassembly video again and broke my feed ramp!!! I am just sending my lower to Firebird to get 922R compliant feed ram fixed, butt stock...ect. Just going to have them do everything while they have it to fix the feed ramp. Anyway I have the parts and don't need them now so if you do let me know. I have a picture of the parts but have no clue how to get it on here. If this is not the way to do this please let me know. I know the parts are scarce but like i said I really don't need them.

ALL SOLD

Edited by CH47DFSI
  • Like 1

I was breaking it down to send out to have the buttstock cut off and couldn't remember the step after removing the allen head bolt. i went upstairs from my basement to rewatch the video from Jim and when I came back down the upper and lower were seperated. My buddy said I just needed to hit it harder. Needless to say he just forked out the money to have Firebird Precision repalce the feedramp, cut the buttstock and pistol grip and have all the trigger work done too to make it 922r compliant He said sorry so many times I felt kind of bad when I handed him the bill but he was shocked it wasnt more. I'm figuring that having FirebirdPrecision do all the work will leave me with a Kick ass shotgun!! I decided to check on the TAC-12 lower too while I was talking to Nanci and got on the list for that too. Figure when they produce the new upper I can build a second TAC-12. I take it I should have started a for sale thread? New here. By the way Nanci from Firebird told me about another forum for box fed shotguns. don't know if its ok to talk about it here. Please feel free to educate me.

Edited by CH47DFSI

I still don't get how your feed ramp is broken. Are you talking about the 2 little ears of the ramp that will break off if you don't hold the bolt back?

Anyway, the gun only cost around 700 dollars. The Firebird conversion cost 500 dollars. Sounds like you got over good on your friend.

Edited by Madwand

Yes it is the two little ears and thats what I told him too but he told me that he'd hate for a ban to show up before I could find another one. We were deployed together so I'll probably give it to him anyway once I get a new upper . He heads out the door again soon and we want to try our hand at three gun when he returns. I got on the list for the TAC-12 lower too so I figure I'll have a second for him then. I split the cost with him since that was about what I was spending anyway to cut the stock, grip, adapters for both and the trigger group. Might as well have a someone do it right the first time.

Edited by CH47DFSI